Chapter 6

Amy's P.O.V.

I had barely gotten any sleep last night, so when I felt someone trying to shake me awake, I was not very pleased.

"Amy, wake up you shank." They said. I groaned and tried blocking out the noise.

"Come on I didn't go through the Changing and almost kill myself to be ignored by my long lost sister did I?" They said, I rolled over and opened my eyes.

"Alby?" I asked. He grinned and offered me a hand. I took it and he pulled me up. "You're okay now?"

"I guess you could say that. I'm alive aren't I?" He said. "Why are you still asleep?"

"I couldn't sleep last night. Seeing you that way yesterday, was.... terrifying." I said. His eyes softened and he put an arm around my shoulders as we walked to the Homestead.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. I don't know what happened. But that's over now."

"Thank god." I said. Minho saw us and immediately came running over.

"Hey, I heard what happened are you okay?" He asked Alby.

"I guess. Other than feeling jacked in the head." He replied.

"That's great. Now that you're not shucked in the head from the Changing anymore, why don't you go make yourself useful so I can take Amy here out for her first run in the Maze."

Alby rolled his eyes and removed his arm before walking off. Before he was too far he yelled,"Don't get yourself killed!"

"I won't!" I yelled back. I then truned back to Minho who looked confused.

"What?" I asked.

"So are you two like best friends now or something?" He asked. I chuckled.

"No, he's actually my brother." I said.

"When did you find this out?" He asked.

"Yesterday. He said he saw it when he was going through the Changing." I explained. He nodded.

"So, you ready for today?" He asked.

"Yup." I said. He raised his eyebrows.

"You're not nervous or scared?" He asked. I looked at him.

"I'm not nervous because I know what to expect. But believe me I'm scared as hell. Everyone is. If you ain't scared, you ain't human." I said, shrugging. His eyes widened.

"Okay, yeah. There's definitely no questioning you and Alby being related." He said shaking his head. I rolled my eyes and started walking to find Thomas.

----

We walked into the small hut. It smelled like copper and dust mixed together. Minho shined his flashlight on a box of what looked like running shoes.

"That right there's the number one supply we get," Minho explained. "At least for us. They send new ones in the Box every so often. If we had bad shoes, we'd have feet that look like freaking Mars."

"Wht size do you wear?" He asked me.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm good with my boots for now." I said. He shrugged and turned back to Thomas.

"How bout you, Greenie?"

"Size?" Thomas sid, confused. "I . . . Don't know. Eleven."

"Geez, shank, you got big feet. But looks like I've got some-- man, we could go canoeing in these things." Minho joked. I laughed and smacked him in his shoulder playfully.