Chapter Two

Imani

I really wasn't in the mood to go hang out with anyone right now.

But since we were talking about books, I really didn't mind. And like Amirah said, maybe I needed to just relax and chill out.

"How is this dress," I show Amirah the dress I wanted to wear.

"Okay you look beautiful," she cheeses. "If y'all end up...you know doing something just text me so I know not to wait for you," she smirks.

"Shut up," I laugh. "I'll definitely be coming home," I roll my eyes.

"Okay I'll be watching Hulu if you need me," she says.

I leave and check my phone to see if Chris texted me.

Outside beautiful

And sure enough, he was outside...with his friend?

"Oh hey," I wave shyly. I go to get in the backseat but, his friend gets up. "Nah you can sit here, he's just dropping me off real quick," his friend says.

I awkwardly make my way to the front seat and sit down and come face to face with pretty boy himself.

"There she is," he smiles. "I'm surprised you decided to come."

"So am I," I hear a mumble from the backseat.

Chris rolls his eyes. "Man the faster I drop you off, the better."

"You got that shit right."

I just awkwardly tap my feet and try to stay calm. I was a bit nervous being in the car with these two. I don't know why.

"See you later Drake," Chris parks the car in front of some odd building.

"Have fun but not two much fun," he laughs. He gets out and goes  towards the building...but then he comes back and leans out my window.

"Such a shame Chris was the first one to find you," he winks and leaves.

"Fuck you Drake," Chris yells and drives off.

"Y'all are clearly best friends," I scoff.

"Yeah that's my boy alright," Chris laughs. "Anyways...how are you liking school so far."

I shrug. "It's whatever. Better than being at home," I mumble the last part.

"Yeah I feel you cause my mom? Nah she be buggin. Chris go clean your room. Chris stop bringing bitches in my house. Chris don't let me get a belt," he mocks her. "But she loves me and just wanna see me stop bullshitting. That's why I'm gonna make her proud...make sure I can be the best medical doctor I can be," he smiles.

I smile back. It was good to see that through all his corny jokes he still was goal oriented. "Yeah that's really dope. We need more doctors."

"Tell me about it," he pulls up into a bar. "You have fake ID right?"

I lift my eyebrow? "Why would I have that?"

"Cause we going for drinks?" I look at him for a good minute very dumbfounded. "I thought you meant like...milkshakes."

He looks at me and starts laughing hysterically. "Shorty I hope you're playing with me," he laughs. "Nah forreal though?"

"...yes nigga what is so funny?" I cross my arms. He starts the car up again. "Alright alright we can do milkshakes...why you don't drink?"