Chapter Three: New Career

It had been two days since her talk with All Might but finally he had shown up at her classroom before the students were released for the day. He just nodded at her while giving her a sticky note with an address. She thanked him and he walked away after wishing her good luck in a low voice. The address wasn't far from the school, so after going to her room and changing, she headed straight to her destination, avoiding the students in the common room.

Now she stood in front of the apartment's door. Double checking that it was the right address, she knocked. After a few seconds she heard some sound from within the apartment. The door opened and on the other side was the short green haired woman Uraraka had seen back at the school.

The woman gave her a warm smile, "Hello, can I help you?" she had a very friendly and warm appearance.

"Hello," the gravity girl smiled, "My name is Ochaco Uraraka. I'm one of Deku's friends."

The woman's smile disappeared, replaced with confusion, "Deku?"

Uraraka facepalmed mentally, "Oh! Sorry! I mean Izuku. I'm a student at UA."

Inko smiled again. "Oh yes! All Might called and told me one of my son's classmates wanted to speak with me!" She stepped aside making room for the gravity girl to enter, "Please come in!"

"Thank you!" Uraraka stepped in and walked and removed her shoes. Sliding on the slippers for visitors she followed the woman inside.

xxxxxxxxxx

Walking into the apartment, Uraraka took a look around. It was a simple but nice two bedroom apartment that didn't look to too big or too small. Cozy was probably the right word to describe the place. On the wall she saw a couple of pictures of Izuku when he was younger. Other than that there were a few tasteful decorations here and there. She found the place quite nice. As they walked, Inko looked back at the gravity girl.

"So you're Uraraka. When All Might called me to ask me if it was ok for him to give my address, I didn't' think it would for you."

Uraraka blinked in surprised, "You know who I am?"

They arrived at what looked like a small coffee table and Inko motioned for her to sit down. "Of course! I mean, I didn't know what you looked like, but Izuku talked about you all the time when we spoke on the phone."

The gravity girl felt a warm feeling invade her body, but it was quickly replace with one of shame as she now felt even guiltier of her actions. "Oh. I didn't know Izuku told you about me."

The fact that Uraraka spoke about her son in a first name basis was not lost on the green haired woman. "Oh yes. He told me quite a bit about you." While Uraraka sat down, Inko continued to stand, "Can I offer you some tea and cookies?"

Uraraka felt like rejecting her offer, but thinking that this was about to be a difficult conversation, she decided to accept. "Yes, that sounds wonderful."

Inko smiled, "Great! I'll be right back." She walked into the kitchen and was gone for a couple of minutes. Uraraka swallowed thinking about what she wanted to tell Izuku's mother. Eventually Inko returned with a tray of tea and cookies. As she set everything down and started serving Uraraka she continued.

"Thank you for coming to see me, Uraraka. I don't' get a lot of visitors." She finished serving and sat down across Uraraka. She looked at the gravity girl with a smile, "Anyway, what do you want to talk about?"

Uraraka took a sip of the tea, avoiding eye contact. Setting the cup down she took a deep breath, summoning the courage to say what she wanted to say. She looked at Inko with solemn expression. "Mrs. Midoriya. I hope you can forgive me. But I'm afraid I'm the one responsible for Izuku running away." She swallowed hard, looking at the green haired woman across the table.