Chapter 1

I remember the day well, the day I saw him.

It was my first day of high school, and honestly, It was horrible.

Well, it wasn't then.

During that time, I shyed away from anyone I didn't know, purposely excluding myself from all, except for him.

He was a junior, stuck in a ninth grade class, I was middle aged at heart, stuck with people I have seen all of my life, we bonded through our misery.

He was smart and outgoing, a football player, perfectly happy in his own world.

I was also smart, pretty, in my own simplicity, yet I kept to myself.

How he was the exception, I'll never know, but... maybe if I tell you, you will know.

You will know, and won't be so quick to judge me. Even though I deserve it.

--------

'Why am I so nervous?' I thought as the hot wind whirled my hair around my face. 'Its only school.'

I wasn't oblivious to my brother, Riley, who kept glancing over at me.

He was worried, which that in itself is a surprise, seeing as I'm the only cloud that covers his sunny world.

My brother didn't like me.

He blamed me for dad leaving him, Sam, who is my oldest brother, and my mother. Although why he blamed my-at the time-infant self, I'll never know.

He hardly ever speaks to me. "Macy," I heard him say.

I looked up, wide eyed. He sighed at the road and said, "just know that I'll be there, and it'll be okay."

I didn't respond, only to turn away from my seemingly worried, brother.

The rest of the ride was filled with a silence that could only be caused by the two of us.

I remember thinking about how different my brother and I were, with our friends and personalities.

He was the guy that everyone liked, he was nice, an amazing athlete, and according to my friends, a babe.

I didn't see how he could be though, attractive I mean, we looked too much alike for that.

We both had dark brown hair, that curled around your face, our blue eyes were a nice shade that looked amazing on my brothers tanned face, but contrasted badly with my pale skin.

That was the only difference between my brother and me, he easily tanned while he practiced football, and I was pasty.

Yet even with our similar looks the only attractive part of myself, was my athletic, yet curvy, build.

I had a strong body, I was tall, and I curved in all the right places.

  I knew this to be true, because my brothers friends didn't make it a secret.

  One time in 8th grade I had to attend some football car wash with Riley to earn booster club money.

  His friends kept staring at me, all the while Riley was oblivious. Or he didn't care. Either option could easily be true.

  It always made me uncomfortable to see those looks.

The looks that would make girls jealous, yet it only frightened me. Why look at me when it won't do you any good?

  It didn't matter what they thought because all they wanted was someone to sleep with, that's it. There is nothing more that they desire in their glorious world of high school.