Alfaaz 20: Humsafar (Companion)

Mature content inside..18+

Jaise hota raat mai ek hi chand

Waise meri zindigi mein tumhara saath

Sahir woke up early that morning, listening to Zoya’s voice recording after the alarm. He opened his eyes and smiled.
‘I want you not to lose your confidence. I want you to know that you are perfect and when you fall in love with another girl, don’t hesitate to tell her that fearing about getting rejected again. I don’t want you to ever feel scared to do something when you really want to do it. Just go for it but always make sure that the situation is in your favour and don’t do what you did yesterday.’
Sahir looked at Zohira who was turning and twisting in her bed. It was too early for her to get up and it was a holiday. But, he had to wake her up. Zohira was crying in a very low voice calling her Ammi. That was her routine before fully waking up. Sahir got out of the bed and walked towards Zohira’s bed and sat next to her.
Sahir: Hira, baby, wake up.
Zohira cried without opening her eyes.
Sahir kissed her temple and softly tickled her. Zohira laughed out loud. Sahir then got up and walked towards the cupboard and opened it and took out Zohira’s new white frock. Zohira gave one look at it and she got up from her bed all of a sudden and smiled widely. She knew which day it was.
Zohira: Abbu, Ammi is coming, right? Zoh’s Ammi is coming.
Sahir: Yes and we are going to pick her up wearing her favourite colour and in her favourite car.
Sahir smiled.
Zohira got out of the bed and ran towards the bathroom.
Sahir: Wait for your Nanny, Hira.
Sahir rang the bell for Zohira’s Nanny and then he went to the room next to his bedroom to get ready. His heart was beating faster. Every second felt like an year to him. Sahir took a deep breathe. A lone tear escaped his eye.

****

Sahir and Zohira waited outside the car near the helipad. They heard the sound of the helicopter approaching. Zohira held her breath in anticipation. It had been two months since she had seen her mother. For her, it felt like a lifetime.
Sahir wanted to send his private jet for Zoya first but then, he thought that his helicopter would be more convenient. He would have gone to pick her up himself but, he couldn’t leave Zohira behind. That would have been injustice to her.
The helicopter landed in the helipad after sometime and Sahir wanted to run to Zoya and kiss her at that very moment. But, he remembered that Zoya was a mother first, before she was his wife.
As soon as Zoya got out of the helicopter, Sahir let go of Zohira’s hand. His eyes teared up. He was trembling all over.
Zoya got down from the helicopter and looked ahead and she found her little Zoh running towards her. Zoya’s eyes became watery and she started running towards her child. When Zoya reached Zohira, she took Zoh in her arms and lifted her up and laughed and cried at the same time. Zoya kissed Zohira all over her face and cried. Zohira softly wiped Zoya’s tears away and kissed her cheeks.
Zoya: I am so sorry, baby. I am so sorry for leaving you for so long.
Zohira kissed Zoya on her cheeks again and she smiled.
Zohira: It’s okay, Ammi. Zoh missed you, Ammi. Zoh loves you.
Zoya: I missed you too, baby. I missed you so much. Zoya kissed Zohira again. She couldn’t believe that her child was almost 4 years old now.
Zoya smiled. Zoya then looked at Sahir who was standing near his car. She knew that he was giving her a lone moment with their child. Zoya smiled looking at him. Zoya walked towards Sahir and he started running towards her. He came and hugged Zoya tight and kissed her temple.
Sahir: I missed you so much, Zoya.
Zoya: I missed you too, Sahir. Thank you so much for everything.
Sahir smiled with tears in his eyes.
Sahir: By the way, congratulations, Zoya Sahir Azeem Chaudhry, Assistant Collector, Mumbai City.
Sahir extended his hand for a shake and Zoya took it.
Zoya broke down that moment. She couldn’t control her tears any longer. She had a total of one year and 5 months of training. First 3 months in Mumbai and then one year at IAS institute, Delhi and after that 2 months in different parts of India to learn administration. She had met Sahir and Zohira only a few times in the last one year.
Zoya: Thank you, Sahir.
Sahir hugged Zoya softly and wiped her tears away.