"Ah Demola you know if we run into Mama she'll finish us with long talk." I groaned obviously not happy at his choice of bringing us here.

"You mean she'll finish you with long talk." He smiled and I felt the sudden urge to slap that smile off his face. "Come on lets just get out of the car and do this thing fast. It's Friday so maybe she's planning one of her owanbes."

We walked into the supermarket and I noticed the beautiful designs. Aunty Tope did a good job in designing this place and it had a lot of customers. I could see some teenage girls taking pictures at one corner.

"Those ones will post the pictures and say that they had fun shopping when it's only one cheeseball that they want to buy." Demola laughed and I smacked his head playfully joining in the laughter.

"I'll go the the vegetable section so you can go girl hunting since you've been looking at that girl over there." I stated, pointing to the drinks section. I silently prayed that she was not a crazy drunk.

"You know me too well man! Have fun shopping." He paused and looked at me with seriousness in his eyes "And try as much as possible to avoid Aunty Tope."

I shook my head on amusement as I grabbed a trolley nearby and I started shopping. This place was fully stocked so it was not hard finding things. So far I had gotten the basmati rice, chicken, fresh vegetables and Demola had some spices at home so I was good.

I moved to the cookies and ice cream section to get some whipped cream but I couldn't find any. So I just decided to get something else that I could munch on when I was bored.

I felt a vibration in my pocket. I brought out my phone and surprisingly it was a call from Aunty Tope. I guess I wasn't so careful after all. I wanted to ignore the call but I had a feeling that she was watching me from a distance so I picked up on the third ring.

"Hello Aunty good afternoon." I greeted, looking around for any junk food.

"Ah Seun so one of my sales girls said she saw you shopping in my supermarket ehn."

I plugged my AirPods into my ears since I couldn't be holding my phone and pushing the trolley at the same time.

"Yes Mama I just decided to buy a few things."

"Seun! Seun! How many times did I call you?" She asked in her deep Yoruba accent. I wanted to shake my head in disapproval but I thought against it because Aunty Tope might be somewhere looking at me.

"Two Times ma." I answered and she laughed. What was so funny? Abi this woman had gone nuts.

"If you don't come and visit me ehn! You and that big head Demola. I will be very angry." So that was the reason for her laughter. Demola was done for!

I sighed dramatically "Okay we'll make sure we visit you before we leave." I said even though that was the last thing on my mind.

I finally found a jar of white chocolate cookies and I sighed in relief. I raised my hands to get it but I felt someone's hands on mine. It looked like the person wanted to get the same jar too but I didn't care, I just wanted the jar and then the worst thing happened, the jar fell shattering into pieces.

"Seun are you there? What was that noise?" I had completely forgotten that I was on the phone with Aunty Tope. I looked at the person and I was amazed. She looked like one of those light skinned black Americans.

"Aunty I'll visit you. Let me just hurry with this shopping."

"Okay I'll be waiting." And with that I hung up on the call. Just kidding! I waited for her to hang up because I didn't want any wahala.

"Hi I grabbed it first!" She said with a frown marring her pretty face. "But You can have it if you want, it's broken now!" She half yelled.

Her beauty was so captivating and her hair was really black and curly.

I coughed "No it's fine you can have it." She cocked her eyebrows at me and I shrugged my shoulders "We could just get another jar of cookies." I looked up at the counter but there was no other jar of white chocolate cookies left and I gasped dramatically holding my chest.

"Now you see that there are no other cookies left." She rolled her eyes.

"It's okay I'll just pay for the damages and get you something else. Maybe I could get your name?" I teased and she scoffed loudly.

"Wow really cheeky! I'm none of your business and you are?" She asked with her eyebrows raised and her arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm Seun and I love your name." I replied nonetheless even if she was being rude.

"Okay I have to leave now." She turned around to move away but I held her back.

"Your skin and hair."

She scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion. "What about my skin and hair?"

"Your skin is really beautiful and your hair is so dark and curly." I exclaimed and she rolled her eyes again. She seemed to do be doing that a lot.

"Hey Seun I thought I told you to avoid Mam-" Demola paused and he walked closer to Zara with a smile on his face.

He slid his gaze over to me, grinning like a maniac. I knew what he was thinking, I could see it in his eyes. He was probably saying 'So this was what you were busy doing' . I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hello beautiful! Since my cousin didn't bother introducing us." He glanced at me. "I'm his handsome cousin Demola and you are?" He stretched his hands forward for an handshake.

She ignored his hand and stared at him like he had two heads. "I'm Za-"

He cut her off with a smile on his face. "You are the prettiest girl I've seen this year." He kissed her knuckles and I shook my head in amusement. When will Demola ever learn. Now he didn't even get her name.

"Wow thank you? And by the way I'm..never mind. Are you always like this?" She bobbed her head to the side and he smirked.

"Of course not I'm way sweeter."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure Demola! Aunty is waiting for us."

"So I'll be leaving now. Not a pleasure to see you Seun." She smirked. "And sweet Demola."

"Bro what the hell did you do to her? Wow look at curves!"

"I honestly do not know. Different people with different wahala. Please let's just go and see Mama."

"See ehn I will pay you back." Demola groaned dramatically.

"Well I don't think visiting her will be that bad." I laughed at his childishness.

———————————————-

Glossary
Owanbe- Party.
Wahala- Problem.

Okay babies don't forget to tap the star button at the bottom left of your screen.

Thank you for reading.