sixteen

We were in the cave about to have another meeting. "Attaboy, Pittsie, inhale deeply." Charlie was looking to him and I knew he'd say something to me next. I looked down as I hadn't smoked before. All the guys did and I usually just sat with them, I figured if I'm sitting inhaling it, I My as well try it. I mean you only live once.

I inhaled deeply all the guys were doing it over and over. I felt like coughing but I held it in. I took a few breathes without the pipe until I didn't feel like coughing anymore. I hit it a couple more times.

Meeks looked up. "My dad collects a lot of pipes."

"Really? Mine's got thirty." Charlie smirked.

"Your parents collect pipes? Oh, that's really interesting." Pitts commented. I hit mine again.

"Come on, Knox. Join in."

I looked over and Knox didn't look himself. I was getting worried.

"Yeah, Knox, we're from the government. We're here to help, man." Meeks tried to get it out of him.

I looked up. "What's wrong?"

Knox looked at me sympathetically. It was Chris.

I went to lay my head back as I felt differently. I fell over a little and laid on Neil's arm. He look down and started smiling. I started giggling. I felt so happy and content. I laid on his lap and hit the pipe. I admired his face and didn't even care that anyone was around. I felt like I couldn't control what I was saying or doing. As if there were no consequences.

I heard Charlie's voice. "Getting flirty are we?"

I started giggling again and couldn't stop. I was turning over in Neil's lap. "I can't help myself." I put my hand on Neil's cheek. I wanted to kiss him but I got some control and didn't wanna do it in front of everyone.

I sat up and Knox was looking at me. "Who let her do it this time?" Knox seemed mad. I knew he was just being overprotective. I hit it again. I laid back down on Neil's lap facing everyone.

"Come on man, it's fine. Look you need to man, I've never seen you so worked up." Charlie reached over to Knox.

"Knox I'm fine. Go call her already." I looked down at the pipe, I knew he heard what I said.

The guys started smirking and poking at Knox. "Chris!"

Pitts pulled out Charlie's poster from his pocket. Waving it in front of Knox.
"It's Chris. Here's a picture of Chris for you."

Charlie looked over seriously. "Smoke that. Put that in your pipe and smoke it."

"That's not funny." Knox was sitting with his arms crossed.

Charlie waved his hands around. "Knock it off. Smoke your pipes." I hit it again.

A few minutes go by. Charlie starts playing his saxophone. "What do you say we start this meeting?"

A few of the guys start mumbling. I zoned them out.

"Gentlemen And ma lady, Poetrusic" by Charles Dalton." He stands and starts laying.