Chapter Sixteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Why doesn't Lorenzo send his goons down to slap Andrea and bring the girl back himself?" Jax asks the million-dollar question.

"He's keeping his distance. This is hush-hush. Lorenzo doesn't want word to get out that his idiot son defied him and embarrassed him with the Senator. Waters is threatening to go to the media and cut ties with Abretti, even if it means stepping down from his seat. So, Lorenzo's turning his head the other way while we do his dirty work for him. My guess is Andrea will find himself in the woodshed next time he visits Daddy."

"Fucking dumb asses," I mutter, hating this assignment more every second. "So, we're supposed to get into the pay and play, nose around, find the girl, and escape under cover of night while evading Andrea's thugs. Easy-peasy."

Neil grins. "I knew you'd see it my way."

****

The three of us stake a claim to a trio of lounge chairs at the pool that afford us the best vantage point for observation. As decided, three best buddies having a last blast of hedonism before I tie the knot. We are here to party hard and take no prisoners. Well, except one. I reach into the ice bucket holding a half-dozen beers and pop the top on a fresh one. We're supposed to give the appearance of all-day-drinking and freely spending wads of cash. I have to admit the place is pretty great. And the women are freaking aces. If I were so inclined, I could definitely put a dent in the box of condoms Neil so thoughtfully included in our pre-packed resort suitcases—along with designer clothes and shoes. I'm guessing Lorenzo Abretti is paying a pretty penny for this excursion. Fine with me.

I can't even imagine having a go at one of these ladies, as tempting as they are, though. Every time I look at one, I see the devastation on Delilah's face. Dammit, I couldn't reach her before I left, and it's eating at me. Setting aside that issue while I'm on assignment hasn't been easy.

"Hey guys. You up for some pool volleyball?" Demetri and Jaxon eye me as we check out the bikini clad bodies in front of us. Damn.

"If you gals are playing, we're in," Jax says. His gaze is laser focused on a blonde in a turquoise bikini with more curves than a race track. "I'm Jack. This is Derek and Jamie." We'd decided on altered versions of our real names.

Turquoise bikini giggles and makes introductions. "I'm Gabby." She points to a cute dark-haired girl in white, "Elle," and another blonde in a skimpy one-piece black suit that's held together by an intriguing web of strings and barely enough material to hide the essentials. "She's Roxanne." Roxanne gives me a look that could burn down a barn. My dick jumps, which surprises me.

Once in the water, we pair off as expected with Jax hoisting Gabby onto his shoulders, while Roxanne makes herself comfortable on mine. Derek has no trouble scooping up five-foot nothing Elle in his massive paws. I have to admit, I haven't had this much fun in a pool since high school. Roxanne's legs are long and tan and she has a rack of tits a guy could drown in. I'd say Roxanne is down for pretty much anything I'd be willing to offer based on the way she presses them into the back of my head. The game is fast and competitive.

After an exhausting forty-five minutes of water play the games ends—our team wins—and we invite our new friends to join us for a round of drinks.

Even though there are plenty of chairs, Roxanne perches herself in my lap. Not wanting to be an asshole, and playing my part, I allow my hands to wander over her back, stomach and thighs. Which is a bad move, because I'm sporting wood and if she gets up there's no hiding it. Before long we've all had far too much sun and beer. Jax and Demetri have been making out with their girls for a while. I've managed to avoid it, but honestly, I'm not making great decisions at this point. I spin Roxanne so she's straddling me and nudge my hips up, pressing my now raging hard-on against her pussy. She groans and leans in to nibble my neck, and I treat myself to a handful of impressive—but not real—tits. We grind against each other for a while, my brain boozy mush. My dick is screaming for release.