Carnivores & Small Animal

Next day...

While Athan was training his knight in the training grounds near his father's Palace, on the other side of his father's palace, the Emperor had met Athanasia for the first time when he was walking towards the training grounds to see his son.

"What is this filthy bug doing in my palace?" A cold voice said behind the blonde princess.

When Athanasia heard that voice, her body shivered in fright and turned around. She stepped back as the big shadow loomed over her. At the sight of the blonde figure, her jewel pouches dropped to the ground.

"That face." He said coldly. "I've seen it before."

Athanasia looked at the man, horrified.

I've never seen him in the flesh before, but he must be...Claude de Alger Obelia. Why?

"Yes. Was it that dancer from Siodonna? You look like that wench." Claude continued.

WHAT'S THIS GUY DOING HERE?! Athanasia screamed mentally. I'm only 5 years old, not 9! And this isn't the Emperor's garden either!

"Then again, it doesn't matter who she came from." Claude said as he reached out towards Athanasia.

"Your majesty." Felix said nervously.

Claude put his index finger under Athanasia's chin and smiled coldly as his jewel blue eyes seemed to glow. "And I think I remember what that wench names you. I believe it was Athanasia. How dare that wench name you Athanasia when there already is an official heir to my throne! Back then, you were a tiny bug that couldn't even lift its head."

In the Obelian Empire, a name is related to immortality is only permitted to an official heir to the throne. And it can only be granted by the Emperor himself.

"You've grown a lot." Claude said as he crouched down in front of her.

Grown a lot? Does that mean He'll kill me since I'm old enough? What's with this guy? He was written to ignore Athanasia! What's with the attention? And who the hell is the official heir? Something tells me he's not talking about Jennette.

Another one of her jewel pouched fell.

Silence filled the air.

Claude looked at the jewels and then looked up at her making Athanasia sweat bullets. Claude picked up Athanasia and looked at her closely. "You're heavy."

Wha, what are you...?

"You have really chubby cheeks, but I didn't expect you to be this heavy."

Chubby?? Heavy?! Athanasia thought, annoyed. I mean, after ignoring me all this time, why are you talking to me? You're a cold-hearted bastard! You're a dirtbag who only loves Jennette, and whoever the hell is the official heir. You don't even consider Athanasia as your daughter!

"Now, what are you doing in my palace?" Claude asked.

MY PALACE?! Athanasia shouted mentally.

"Maybe she thought it was a toy?" Felix said nervously.

Are you going to kill me? Am I dead for trespassing? Am I gonna die because I left bute marks on your angel statue??? Athanasia sweated bullets.

Claude tossed Athanasia to Felix. "She must have wandered off during playtime. Felix. Carry her. I should have some tea with my guest. Guard!"

A guard appeared and bowed in front of Claude. "Glory and blessing upon Obelia Empire. How can I help you, your majesty."