"Ae Rin-ah!" Bin called her. She then ran towards him and Bin carried her in his arms. "Did you just wake up?"

"Yes, Ahjussi. Eat breakfast with us, please!" Ae-Rin then looked at her mom who was still whisking the pancake batter. "Good morning, Eomma!"

While still in Bin's arms, Ae-Rin pouted her lips and leaned towards her mother, asking for a kiss. Her mom obliged, and she kissed Ae-Rin in the lips. "Good morning, my Love", Yejin said.

Bin looked at both of his girls and let out a smile. He put Ae-Rin down and she ran towards the living room to play.

"I'm jealous," he said. "I want morning kisses from my Yejin and my Ae-Rin too."

Yejin pouted and held Bin's hand, glancing at her daughter to make sure she's not looking, and she planted a soft chaste kiss on his lips.

It was Bin's decision not to tell Ae-Rin yet, because he didn't want to surprise his child. Truth be told, he was a little bit scared of how she will react. Yes, given she loves him as an Ahjussi, but what will she react to the news that he is her father? Both were completely different things.

And so Yejin and Bin hid their relationship. One would have thought that hiding a relationship from a 6 year old child is easy, but not if it's with an eagle-eyed 6 year old Ae-Rin.

The only one who knew about their relationship is her Unnie, because when she went home after spending a night at his place, her ASG is evident in her face, and she didn't notice that the buttons of her top were mismatched. Unnie noticed instantly.

-

Yejin served the pancakes on the dining table, earning an impressed reaction that she didn't burn it. As expected, Bin and Ae-Rin drizzled their pancakes with LOTS of chocolate syrup.

No one can deny the uncanny resemblance.

After breakfast, Yejin was washing the dishes when Bin came up to her to help.

"Bin.." she called him, "It's my off day, so I will be enrolling Ae-Rin to the kindergarten. Just thought you should know."

Since Bin is already assuming his role as a father to Ae-Rin, Yejin have been consulting—informing him, at least, in all matters relating to their child, no matter how small it is.

"Really? That's great! What time?"

"At noon, I guess?"

"Okay. Wait for me?" He said, checking his phone for his schedule, "I want to come with the both of you."

Seeing that his afternoon schedule is empty, he said, "I just have a quick angioplasty at 9:00 and I just have to fix some documents but I'll pick you up here at 12:30, if that's okay?"

"Of course, Love."

Bin kissed her goodbye and went to work.

-

Dr. Hyun's minimally invasive surgery is scheduled to be finished at 10:30, since all he needed to do was thread a balloon catheter in the patient's arm up to the blocked artery to improve the flow of blood to the heart. A relatively easy procedure for the head of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, and so he didn't worry about getting on time with Ae-Rin's enrollment.

However, the patient's angiogram didn't pick up all the blocked arteries of his heart. In cases such as this one, the other option is to do a CABG surgery- a procedure that will take him 4 hours minimum.

He thought about his daughter, and he looked at the patient on his table.

He sighed and his heavy heart weighted his entire body down as he said, "Scalpel, please."