14. Important news

"Tell me again, how you know this?" Christian asked his brother as they walked across the hideout.

"I had a vision last night, about Gelmand sending a message to Morgana to ally herself with him and she agreed." Merlin said, distressed.

"A vision? I didn't know you were a Seer, Merlin." Christian questioned. The last time they saw each other, Merlin wasn't one.

"Well, my powers are growing and I gained The Sight a couple of weeks ago." Merlin explained. Christian nodded but said nothing else. Merlin spotted Daine carrying some food for some Knights. "Daine." Merlin called, catching his former manservant's attention, using seldom used authority. Daine ran over, noticing the distress on the two princes expressions.

"Yes, sire?"

"Daine, get King Arthur, Lady Guinevere, the Knights of Camelot, Sirs Robert, James, Ellis and Lewis to come into the meeting chamber within half an hour. It's important." Merlin ordered the servant.

Daine bowed. "Of course, sire." And Daine went off to get said people.

Merlin and Christian went into the meeting chamber to wait for everyone. Merlin was pacing the room in distress. One by one everyone entered. Merlin's pacing did not cease. Christian was watching his brother warily, but did not say anything, Merlin paid them no mind, and continuing in his pacing. Sir Robert, Ellis, Lewis and James saw Merlin's pacing and we're worried. Gwen, Mordred, Gwaine and Lancelot were worried too. Arthur, Leon, Elyan and Percival, however--the only ones who are in the dark of Merlin's real identity--were confused at seeing Merlin so distressed. When everyone had taken their seats, Christian spoke. "I have just had some important news given to us my brother." Christian said. "And I doubt you would like it, King Arthur."

"What was it?" Arthur asked, already dreading the answer.

Christian took a deep breath. "Your sister, Morgana, has allied herself with my uncle." Everyone in the room paled.

"Morgana allied herself with your uncle?" Arthur asked.

"That is correct." Christian said. Merlin ground his teeth together in frustration, as he is unable to say anything.

"How do you know?" Arthur asked.

"Mer-uh, Emrys, had a vision last night." Christian answered, calmly. Merlin was impressed with Christian's patience because Merlin's is wearing thin and he would have snapped at Arthur by now. "I need some volunteers to get into the citadel. It is going to be dangerous, I'm not going to lie. We need something that is in the castle and it is vital that we get it if we have any chance of defeating my uncle."

"I will go." Arthur spoke.

"Us too." Gwaine, Lancelot, Mordred, Ellis and James said in unison.

"Alright. This afternoon we will meet again to go through the plan so you can go tonight." Christian said. "The earlier you go the better. I will not be joining you as I will be training the Knights for when we attack."

Arthur nodded satisfied, then blew a frustrated breath. "Merlin, will you please stop pacing?" The Knights of Nelthon and Christian narrowed their eyes at Arthur. Merlin, however, glared at Camelot's King with full intensity, before ceasing his pacing and left the room, slamming the door behind him. Loudly. 'What's gotten into Merlin?' Arthur thought. He couldn't help but notice that Merlin had been acting very strangely ever since Sirs Ellis, Lewis and James had shown up to Camelot and his odd behaviour had increased when they arrived here. Just as Arthur thought this, James, Ellis, Lewis, Gwaine and Lancelot slipped out of the meeting chambers, no doubt to follow Merlin. What was going on?

***

Clang. Clang. Clang. Merlin hit the practice dummy with his sword so hard, he knocked it over. Merlin left the meeting so he didn't punch Arthur. That oblivious prat. "Sire," a voice called, startling Merlin. He sung around pointing his sword at the person behind him, only to see that it was Ellis. Merlin lowered his sword. "Are you alright?"

Merlin took a deep breath and closed his eyes, to calm his distress and anger so he doesn't shout at him. "I'm fine." He said with his eyes still closed.

"Really, mate? Because you don't look it." Gwaine said. Merlin's eyes snapped open to glare at Gwaine. Gwaine, for the first time, no longer saw the clumsy servant but rather the powerful prince and Gwaine could practically feel the power and authority radiating off of the warlock prince. "Look, Merlin, we know you are probably angry at Arthur and your uncle, but you will get back your Kingdom."

"Gwaine's right, my lord. You will take you rightful place upon the throne on Nelthon and we will get the kingdom back." James said.

"Yeah." Said Ellis, Lewis and Lancelot in unison. Merlin allowed a small, but genuine, smile.

"Thank you." Merlin said, softly.

"Don't thank us, sire." Lancelot said. "There's no need."

Merlin gave him a mock glare. "Titles." They all laughed.

Gwaine stopped laughing, and regarded Merlin seriously. "I have travelled to many places-"

"Mainly Taverns." Merlin interupted, smirking. Everyone laughed again.

"-But I have I have never met a royal who doesn't like titles." Gwaine finished.

Merlin blushed slightly. "Uh, yeah..."

"That's why the people love him." Ellis said. "Merlin, believes in equality no matter the status. Even servants. Merlin is friends with his servant Daine and isn't afraid to admit it."

"Unlike the princess." Gwaine said. Everyone laughed again. "His ego's too big for his own good."

Merlin nodded in agreement. "Isn't that the truth?" Merlin asked, rhetorically.

"Arthur is going to so mad when he finds out he has prince mucking out his stables." Gwaine smirked. Merlin shook his head in exasperation, rolling his eyes. Then Gwaine became serious. "Are you alright now Merlin?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now, just tired." Merlin said,

"Go get some rest. I will tell Christian that you are resting." Ellis said.

Merlin nodded in appreciation, the yawned. "Thanks. Tell Arthur, I'm picking herbs or something will you Gwaine?"

"Sure thing Merlin." Gwaine said, as Merlin sheathed his sword, and walked past him. Merlin went into his chambers and collapsed on his bed and fell into the best sleep, Merlin had had in a couple of weeks.

***

A/N: Sorry about the short chapter. I will try to make the next one longer. The big reveal would be happening soon, so don't worry. I would also like to thank SEmrysPendragon and nightcoreQueen1 for giving me some ideas for the chapter. Thanks guys :)

I will try to update again before Christmas, but if not, it will be before New Year. I hope.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

@Triquetra123