XXVII. Better Days

Start from the beginning

Gun can only smile awkwardly. His face was burning red and he was sweating profusely.

Pond clapped like a retarded seal. "For real?" He shouted in excitement.

"But when? How? And most importantly, why?" Champ was exaggerating. He had absolutely no clue about the ship that was sailing right in front of him.

"I don't have a fucking clue either Champ but its their life. You don't question other people's choices." Type, the only person who has a working brain cells among the group has finally said something. Its kinda sad that Type was considered to be the only one with working brain cells because it makes you think that the average IQ of these people must be lower that the room temperature.

Mark soon settled down with Gun's group of friends as well.

Champ still couldn't believe what he just saw.
Pond was curious and kept asking about their sex life.
Plan was more interested with the snacks that Mark brought.
Mean was just interested with what Plan was doing.
Perth was genuinely happy for the both of them and he wished them good luck.
And Title was only concerned with Gun's well being.

Mark found out that it was the first time in more than a month that Gun's friends had seen him. They were all worried about him so they were relieved when they finally able to contact him.

Gun apologized for making them worry and he had about half an hour lecture from Type, feat a semi concerned Champ on why he should not do it again and that he should also ask them for help and not just his bOyfr!EnD mArK.

Soon, the boys were all laughing and making jokes just like they always do after every practice which made Mark somehow jealous because Gun has so many genuine friends. It made him realize that he shouldve took his time making actual friends as well instead of doubting every single person that reached out to him and only using them for his own advantage. And the fact that the only person who stayed with him for the longest time was now gone but he didnt even get the chance to say sorry or to even say thank you to him. Because even though Kris and Mark constantly get into fights, they still find themselves drawn to each other. Maybe if he treated Kris like a brother and didnt teach him his wicked ways; maybe then Kris would have never dug his own grave. Maybe Mark was partly to be blamed with what happened to his only friend.

The truth is, Mark and Kris were both wicked persons. But the difference is that, Mark had his reasons. Acting tough was his defense mechanism in order to convince himself that he's not hurting anymore and that no one can hurt him again. Kris on the other hand was acting tough just for the sake of being tough. He thought it makes him better than anyone if he step down on other people because unconsciously, Kris looked up to Mark. And its not just with how wealthy he is, or how he can easily charm girls into doing things in his favor, but Kris idolizes Mark for being the self assured man that he is. He was proud, he never let people disrespects him, and he always have his ways with whatever he wants and Kris wanted to be like that without realizing that it was all just a facade. While it does not excuse Kris' actions, it also does not excuse all the terrible things that Mark had done as well. They're both cruel beyond reasons, the only difference is that Mark still has a chance to redeem himself but for Kris, he's time is up.

"Hey Mark, I couldn't believe you're dating your bestfriend's older brother. Why not Kris, you dont like him?" Pond asked out of nowhere which caught him off guard. Everyone in the room was laughing along except him and Gun.

"They have the same stingy personality, of course they would always get in each others nerves." Champ added which gained another series of laughter in the room.

Mark looked at Gun and he saw how he tensed up with the question. It was a sensitive topic but then again, maybe they havent heard the news yet.

"Gun Ive been meaning to ask you, where is Kris? I haven't seen him around the campus." Champ was the one who ask.