#10

Dedicated to suppeeps__ because she's my best friend and it's her birthday :3 happy reading!xx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You woke up with a groan. Birthdays weren't really your thing but it had to be today since it was your own. You look to your left and notice your boyfriend, Tom Hiddleston, is still sleeping. You carefully crawl out of bed and head toward the bathroom. You look at yourself in the mirror. Nothing different. Why do people make such a big deal about birthdays? You shrug off your thoughts and get ready for work. No one at your office will remember because you made sure to not tell too many people. You kiss Tom's forehead and head to work.
Work was quiet as usual, thank goodness. Everyone sat at their desks as they do everyday. You had one office friend who knew and she sent you a simple 'happy birthday' IM that made you smile slightly. You two ate lunch together at your normal table and talked about normal things; how your night was last night and what you planned to do after work today.
"Does Tom have anything special planned?" your friend asked, almost in a whisper.
You shrug. "I don't think he knows when it is because we started dating when his was and plus, mine is late in the year."
She rolls her eyes. "I think he'll notice if you don't have a birthday. He's gonna figure it out sometime."
You poke at your almost empty plate. "I guess."
**
Before you leave for work, your phone starts to buzz. Tom is calling you. You answer almost hesitantly.
"Hey," you say casually.
"Hello darling," Tom says through the phone. "You haven't left work yet have you?"
"I was just about to leave," you jingle your keys by the speaker.
"Good good. Could you pick up some things from the store for me? We need a couple things for the apartment."
"Yeah sure. What do we need?"
He tells you then you both hang up. No mention of your birthday. Not surprising.
You were at the store for longer than you expected. It's always smart when the grocery place decides to have 3 out of 20 lanes open during a busy time.
When you get home, the sun is almost completely set and all you want to do is put on some pajamas and cuddle with Tom. You open your front door to see Tom sitting on his chair, holding a packet.
"New movie?" You ask as you kiss his forehead.
He nods and pulls you onto his lap, giving you a proper hello. "Why didn't you tell me it's your birthday?" He asks you.
You sigh. "I don't really like too much attention on me and what's the point of having the attention if I'm going to be this age for the rest of the year?"
Tom pats your leg as a sign for you to stand up. He grabs your hand and you two slowly begin to walk toward the kitchen. "I understand that," he nods. "But I don't feel right for us to do something for my birthday and nothing for yours." He leads you to your dining room table where it is lit by candles and a lasagna, salad, bread, and wine cover the table top.
You stand in awe. "Did you do this by yourself?" You squeeze his hand.
He smiles. "I had a little help from the internet." Tom leads you to your side of the table and pulls out your chair for you. "Happy birthday, darling."
You smile at his gentleman acts. "Thank you so much. How long did this take you?"
"All day," he states. "I didn't think lasagna was so complex to make."
You laugh lightly. "I bet it's delicious."
He pours wine into both of your cups and raises his. "To the woman I love. Hope you've had a great day. You deserve it."
You clink glasses. "I love you so much," you say before taking a sip.
"I love you more," he winks.
"Impossible."
"Possible."