22. Our Kingdom.

Start bij het begin

Nandhini was a petite woman in her early twenties. Chitra had expected Arjuna's sister to be tall like her brother or serious like his mother but instead she was a complete contrast. She was a short woman with long black hair flowing down her waist and like an ornament she always has a smile on her face.

She slowly moved the plate in front of  them singing a song, even her voice was sweet like honey, Nandhini was so perfect that it started to worry Chitra, will she like her? Will she be good to her or will she behave like Priyamvada?

Nandhini handed over the plate to a maid as she placed a small kalash full of rice in it.

"Bhabi ji! Kick the kalash slowly with your right thumb and walk inside. " Nandhini instructed, smiling with excitement. Chitra did as told, it is believed that when a bride kicks a kalash of rice entering inside, the house will be filled with riches and food like how the rice was scattered inside.

 Chitra did as told, it is believed that when a bride kicks a kalash of rice entering inside, the house will be filled with riches and food like how the rice was scattered inside

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

All the rituals were being done.It took a few hours to complete each and every ritual but Chitra didn't complain, While Arjuna was busy discussing something with his mother, Nandhini stood beside Chitra and helped her with everything.

" So, we are finally done with all the rituals!" Exclaimed Nandhini.

" So, how is my beautiful princess doing? "

The amount of casualness in the made Chitra think that it was Arjuna, but she  when turned behind it was Ratan. Maybe they are close, Chitra thought.

" I am doing just fine." Nandhini replied in a normal tone. She didn't even acknowledge his presence.

Just before Ratan could make more conversation, Vikram walked towards them. And just like that Nandhini's face brightened.

"Vikram, what happened to your shoulder?" Nandhini asked, the worry in her voice was clearly evident.

"Nothing much Princess Nandhini, just a small injury." Vikram replied as if it was an everyday thing to get shot.

"It is clearly not a small injury!" Nandhini claimed, furrowing her eyebrows together. Just like how Arjuna does when he is displeased.

" True!" Ratan spoke in a mocking tone, "If he couldn't even handle an arrow, how will he guard our kingdom? "

Vikram bent his head low instead of contradicting that sentence.

And that sentence lit up fire in Nandhini, the fury in her eyes was scary. If looks could burn, Ratan would have been turned into ashes. Chitra was worried for a second that Nandhini might punch Ratan straight in his face.

But instead she asked, " So where were you minister Ratan, at that time? "

" I left to arrange transportation for-" His words came to a halt as Nandhini laughed out loud.

"Oh my god, you are so funny." Nandhini kept laughing, " So you are saying that you left to save your life while Vikram fought like a warrior? "

Her insult hit him straight. Ratan tried to explain, but before that Nandhini spoke in a loud commanding voice. " Vikram, lead us to the Queen's chambers."

Saying she caught Chitra's hand and walked away with Vikram tailing behind them.

While walking Chitra noticed that Nandhini kept stealing glances at Vikram. And then, realisation hit Chitra, it is possible that Princess Nandhini has feelings for Vikram?

---------------

A/N

Bhabi : Sister in law
•kalash : A small metal pot or jug used for traditional rituals.
Payal: Anklets

Make sure you let me know how you feel about this chapter through comments!!

And what's your take on our new character Nandhini?

Hey you! Yeah, you!! Press the star here 🌟