31

"Ok ok fine I'll tell you, but I might get a little upset..." Jeongguk muttered while still being in the olders arms.

Taehyung smiled and replied eagerly, "I'm fine with you upset, so go on."

The boy shifted himself into a more comfortable position and started, "I don't know what it was but you were assigned a case and ended up not coming back to the office for more than half a month and I thought it wasn't like you to take so long on a case like that. So on the day you came back I decided to ask you what was going on, I was really nervous because we had only spoken once up to that point and you're intimidating so I wasn't sure where to talk to you. I saw that you had entered the locker room so thought 'this was my opportunity to talk to you face to face.' I followed you in and just when I started to talk, you slammed me into the lockers and started to scream at me, I didn't even understand most of the things you had said, it sounded like gibberish. But that was the first time ever I had heard or seen you angry. I was pretty scared... haha.. I tried saying sorry and leaving but all you did was continued to scream at me about some kid. My back was also being pushed into protruding locks and metal."

Jeongguk sniffled, no longer having his head up and grabbed onto the olders arms that was around his waist. The boy stopped talking and Taehyung frowned, flipping through his brain trying to remember something, anything, 'when did that happen... so it wasn't because I slapped his ass- ah fuck it was that case...'

The older loosened his grip on Jeongguk and lifted the boy up to place him on his lap. Taehyung rubbed his thumbs near the corners of the boys eyes to wipe away the tears and sighed, "I'm sorry, I don't have the best memory when I'm angry but I do remember the case... wanna hear?"

Jeongguk who was chewing on his lower lip to stop himself from crying anymore nodded.

Taehyung lets out a sad smile and started, "when I had gotten the case, the only information given was, a 5 year old kid had gone missing and the ones reporting her disappearance was her family. I've taken missing persons cases before so I was fine with it. I was to find her with the little information I had and after looking into it further it was said that they reported her disappearance 3 days later. This wasn't a good sign and I suggested to have the parents interrogated but that led to nothing. I spent almost two weeks with no help, doing anything I could to track her down. Then later on I had gotten a call from a colleague who was higher up in the force and was working on a trafficking- child trafficking case. His team had arrested a few lackies and they had a picture of the girl that's extremely similar to the one I was looking for. After interrogating them they had told us how the family actually asked for their child to be taken away because they had never wanted a girl... when asked where she was they all said they didn't know. After that the case was taken by the higher ups." Taehyung brushed Jeongguk's hair out of the boys face and continued, "that's why I wasn't too happy that day. I had never gotten a case taken away like that nor did I get a chance to speak with the parents. I would've teared into them, maybe had even drown some punches. I usually don't get angry, it's just that you seem to be the only one pushing my buttons at the wrong time haha... I'm sorry,"

The older rubbed his palms on the boys back unknowingly when remembering how he had pushed the boy roughly, "how can I make it up to you?"

The boy breathed out loudly, it almost looked like he was relieved with the olders explanation. Relieved that the older was mad not because ofhim, Jeongguk placed his head on Taehyung shoulder and started, "So yesterday. You told me a secret."

Taehyung looked out the window and smiled calmly, "haha I don't know why you mean, I never said anything yesterday ^^! Ah let me check when our food is coming."