"Uh well a little?," he replied and followed with the grumbling sounds from his stomach.

He huffed sheepishly to notice that afterwards.

Kai let out a chuckle. "Sounds like not a little for me," he stated. "How about we find something to eat first before I send you home?," he questioned.

Taeyong rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. "Sure," he replied.

"Oh how about we just buy them?," he suddenly said as they arrived at the place.

"I need to buy it for mom as well," Taeyong continued which made Kai understood it. "You can join us as well."

After saying those, the boy left into the restaurant and leaving the elder guy standing outside.

Kai could not express how glad he was to be hearing that. He tried to calm himself down before walking in as well.

...

"Mom, I'm home!," Taeyong exclaimed as soon as he entered the house.

He looked around to find Sehun anywhere before placing the plastics full of food on the table.

Not so long after that, Sehun walked out of the room. "Taeyong, you're home quite late today," he uttered as he saw the younger.

"Where have you been?," he furrowed his eyebrows to see the food on the table.

Taeyong grinned and showed off his teeth. "Well I bumped into Mr Kim when I was heading home so he gave me a lift," he said.

Sehun felt relieved to be hearing that from him. "So you asked him to buy this much of food?," he questioned.

"No, he was the one buying all these and I invited him to join us as well," he said those before pointing at the front door.

Kai shot a smile as their eyes met. "I'm sorry to disturb both of you," he uttered those as he walked in.

"N–No, you're not at all."

Sehun rubbed his nape sheepishly before welcoming him in. "I'm sorry if Taeyong troubles you," he said.

While the latter only replied with a low chuckle. "He's not at all," his hand moved to ruffle the younger's hair.

Taeyong felt awkward as both of the adults were literally staring into each other like they were the only people I the room.

Hello! He was still here okay!

"Mr Kim, how about you take a seat for a second while we prepare this food," he cut off finally to break the awkward silence.

Kai looked dumbfounded. "Yeah, sure," he nodded before taking his place.

While Sehun quickly prepared the food they just bought to hide his embarrassment.

Taeyong, he could only exhale in relieved. He was not trying to be a cockblocker okay, it was just too awkward for him.

"Why do you need to buy this much?," Sehun sounded as three of them were already at the dining table.

Kai hummed while looking towards Taeyong. "Taeyong said he wanted those so I just bought them," he responded.

Taeyong looked at the elder direction and shot him a betrayed look. Come on, he should have back him up.

"It's fine besides I want to treat him as well so don't worry," Kai cut off before Sehun could say anything.

Sehun huffed. "I just don't want to trouble you—

His words were cut off once again when Kai suddenly fed him the food to stop him from talking.

"I told you before to stop thinking like that," Kai uttered. "I promised to take care of you and Taeyong so don't even think in that way."

Sehun munched the food in annoyance. Kai didn't even let him finish his words first.

Kai curled up a grinning smile.

"How is your work?," he suddenly questioned afterwards.

"Uh, as usual," the latter replied. "Nothing much actually, what about you?," he was the one asking this time.

"The students are going to have an upcoming exams next month," Kai stated. "So I was preparing for it revently."

Sehun nodded. "You are going to be busy these few weeks right?," he uttered.

Kai shrugged. "Yeah looks like it," he lifted his face to look at the latter. "Why hm?," he furrowed his eyebrows before replaced with a mischievous smile.

"Do you want to ask me out for a date?."

The other huffed as a response. "No, who said that?," he retorted.

Taeyong cleared his throat to make the elders aware of his existence right here.

"Wah! This room is filled with loves right now," he started teasing both of them while looking around.

Sehun snorted sheepishly.

"Ayee, you are blushing mom," Taeyong pointed at the reddemded cheeks of Sehun.

The elder's hand moved to pinch the son's cheeks. "Taeyong, stop it now," he reminded him with his flushing red face. 

Deep down, he was glad to see the happy smile on the mom's face. It made him curve a smile as well.

He could feel the warmth of having his own family now. How he hoped it would last long, that was the only thing he wanted.

--

Hii! Sooo sorry for the long update! 🙇💖 Hope you enjoy the chapter!