#2: A related stranger

Start from the beginning

"More orders," I mumbled. And slammed the file in front of me shut and started collecting the pages I had upset earlier. I return all the pages in the binder and then put everything back in the box labeled 'Park Corporates Business History.'

The moment I got home I was handed a brand-new suit to change into. And about half an hour later I was sitting in the car with my parents.

"Dad I hadn't forgotten about the dinner, I just got too caught up in my work that I didn't notice how late it had gotten," I explained for the nth time that night already.

"Seriously? You couldn't notice that it had gotten late or that all your workers had left?" Dad replies with the same answer.

"Dad, why would he try to skip dinner? He was busy. Just leave it be." My brother Seokjin tried to help me like he always did.

"Because he doesn't want to get married! But Jungkook if I get insulted because of you. I disown you. Do you understand? I never said anything about you being gay. I am not forcing you on some women. And this is your last chance to prove yourself."

I opened my mouth to reply when the car stopped. Nobody moved.

All eyes were fixed on me. Dad's stern gaze, Seokjins filled with pity and my mom's gaze was soft.

I swallowed before nodding. "Understood."

But I gritted my teeth as I watched them get out of the limo before following them.

How easy it was for my father to blame me for being gay. It wasn't as if I had a choice. And in the end, being gay didn't matter I was still arranged into marriage.

And that too with the Park Jimin.

My father was a stranger to me. A stranger I was related to.

As we got out we were met by the manager who rushed to greet us before leading us through the expensive and elegant restaurant.

The interior is set with dark wood walls, heavy furniture, blood-red velvet couches, and the same dark red velvet hangings, crystal chandeliers complete with paintings covering the walls.

Vintage aesthetic? At least the interior designers had some taste. I made a mental note to ask them about the interior designer as we got inside the private elevator, my mind half present to the manager explaining the bits about the place.

We walk through the dark-themed hallways and I can't help but admire the place. It was just the way I wanted one of our restaurant chains to be designed. Alas, there weren't many good designers.

We come to stop at the private dining hall and I didn't know what to expect. I was kind of nervous, to be honest,  just wanting to run away and have a night out with Taehyung as we used to in the past. Only Taehyung was my ex-boyfriend whom I hadn't met since our break up three years ago and now I was getting married to a person I hadn't even met before.

I sigh in relief when I realize that Park Jimin is not here yet.

Sitting in the lounge are Mr. and Mrs. Park and their youngest son, Jihyun. Dressed in extremely expensive clothes and faces covered in smiles, they greet us as we settle on the sofa set around the table set with coffee and snacks.

I sit on one with Seokjin beside me, who has his charming smile set, while I am busy rubbing my hands on my dress pants to keep them dry. I am analyzing my surroundings when Seokjin nudged me, pulling me out of my thoughts, "So you were busy huh?" he smirked.

I sigh, knowing where this was going. "Not here, hyung," I mumble.

"You okay?" Seokjin asked as he instinctively sensed my mood immediately and reached out to hold my hand, the smirk gone.

I looked over at him, his eyes were concerned. He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him, glancing around the room. I mumbled in a low voice, "Not here please hyung."

He squeezed my hand before he abruptly stood up. He mutters out an excuse and pulls me along toward the washrooms.

"Hyung. Calm down." I mumble leaning against the sink weakly.

"Tell me what is wrong, gguk," Seokjin demands. I look up at my brother. His brows furrowed.

Ever since we were kids, seokjin had always been protective of me. And we always had a special bond. He was the only reason I hadn't given up on life yet.

"I don't think I can marry Jimin," I mumble.

"Hyung, have you ever met him in person before? I did. Today, dad forced me into the weekly meeting with the board of directors. And just my luck, Jimin was directing it. He fired a man on the spot because the person was a couple of seconds late. Can you believe that?" I rambled on.

"And I almost left the meeting because of the way he glared at me while I was giving a briefing. It was terrifying. I can't live with him."

When I looked up, Seokjin was watching me with concern. "Don't worry Jungkook. You won't be forced into marriage. Okay?"

I nodded. And Seokjin gently took my hand leading me out, " You just have to survive this dinner can you do that?"

I nod again, feeling slightly better.

Just survive dinner.

_______________________

[Edited: 14\11\22]