#2: A related stranger

"Some people lose the love of their beloved in the greed of the world."

~

There is that moment when you start to feel so helpless that it makes you frustrated, and this was the moment for Jimin. He stared at the bouquet in his hands as he stood on the porch on the cold winter evening. The sun was long gone for the night.

He clenched his fist as he let the hand holding the bouquet fall back to his side and took a deep calming breath. He had arrived at his house only an hour ago tired after working for about hours. He was happy that he could finally relax when his maid ruins it by informing him of the dinner he is supposed to attend at their family resort with his parents. A dinner with his to-be in-laws.

It would be the last thing Jimin wanted after a whole day full of exhaustion but he had no choice. He never had.

Jimin was pulled out of his thoughts when a black Jaguar came to stop in front of him.

"It doesn't take that long to bring a car does it?!" Jimin hissed at the driver, who bowed nervously.

"Sorry sir, it's just-" the man tried explaining, but was interrupted by his fuming boss.

"Oh, spare me. You are fired." Jimin stated as he casually made his way to his car and settled in the driving seat while almost throwing the flowers on the seat beside him. "Marriage? It's a fucking business contract. And he says it's the best for me and Jeo. He doesn't know shit. Ugh!" Jimin yelled as he slammed his fist against the steering wheel.

If there was something Jimin hated it was relationships. He had his fair share of them. Jimin used to be a playboy in his high school. But that was in his past. He was different now.
He had too much emotional baggage and responsibilities that did not allow him the privilege to be reckless, or let any other human into his life for that matter.

He hadn't even been in a relationship for seven years.

Jimin took deep calming breaths the way he had taught himself. Now was not the time to have a breakdown. Slowly he started the car and pulled out of the driveway. Thinking up ways to get out of this unfortunate situation.

*****

Jungkook:

It was getting dark outside when my phone rang surprising me.

I almost jumped, upsetting a binder full of papers. But luckily there was no one in the office to witness their boss jumping about, the building was almost empty by now.

I sighed as I moved to the more important task and started moving the papers around my desk hunting for my cell trying to remember where I had put it. Finally, I felt the vibrating device sitting in the middle of yet another file I had been reading, the phone acting as my bookmark. 

Another bad habit I needed to get rid of.

"Hello dad," I sigh as I settle back in my seat and stare at the file in front of me. Tracing the word, Park Jimin with the tip of my finger unconsciously.

"Jungkook, where are you?" Came father's stern voice that caused me to sit up straighter and frown.

"In the office," I replied. 

"No excuses, Jungkook." Father replied in an annoyed tone of voice, "You better hurry up and get home. Didn't I tell you about the dinner with Jungho (Mr. Park) and his family? Home. Now." And the phone call ended just like that. I closed my eyes.