Chapter 2

🦋Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they're making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that's the difference.🦋

You got into the elevator and began tapping your feet.

You

Were

Pissed.

"I only was a minute late!" You snapped. You began to let out your anger in the empty elevator. "I don't understand why he's making this such a big ideal! He acts like I came like an hour late or... or.. like I didn't even show up at all!"

You threw your hands in the air and huffed out some air. "Oh my gosh, I cannot. I just don't understand some people!" You said rolling your eyes and crossing your arms. You opened your purse and clicked on the power button to see the time. You just wanted to go home already and watch some of your favorite tv shows and eat a carryout Chinese food plate or anything that will satisfy your taste buds.

You looked up at the numbers waiting for your floor to come. You had to do a double-take. You look in the corner of the elevator and saw a camera. That means that he might see or hear this...

You immediately panicked.

On the inside.

You turned away slowly from the camera and looked down with a terrified look on your face.

You sat at your desk fully drained. Today was another bad day for you. You just wanted to go home.

Soon as your phone went off your eyes widen in excitement. "Yes! I get to go home now!" You chirped. You gathered up your work and put them into your work bag. You had shut down your computer and gathered up your trash and threw it into the small trash can beside your desk.

You closed your blinds in your office, wiped off the little crumbs on your desk, and made sure that everything had looked neat before leaving. You didn't want anyone to think you were a slob. Sure you were lazy at times but you weren't a complete slob.

"That reminds me, I gotta clean my room," you mumbled while neatly setting your work paper inside of your desk drawer. Once you closed the drawer and pushed the black rolling chair under the desk, you made your way out of your office and into the hall.

It wasn't crowded so this meant that there was a chance it wouldn't be too many people in the elevator. If the man upstairs blessed you himself, then you'd be blessed to have the elevator all to yourself.

"Y/n!" You turned around to see one of the workers who worked along with you. "Oh no...," you groaned. You wished that you would've stayed turned around and ignored the person, but you just had to be a nice person.

"Hiiii," you said putting up a fake smile.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" The tall lady said. Her name was Krone. She was a tall, dark-skinned woman, who gave off a welcoming aura, smelled smelt like peppermints, and always have her hair into a tight neat bun.

You don't know why you were putting up a front and was so annoyed at her. She was such a sweetheart. She was out of the few you could tolerate anyway. You sighed before looking ahead and walked along with the lady.

"I'm just tired honestly. I can't wait to go home and eat and take a power nap," you said daydreaming. You couldn't wait to do just that. Order a carryout from a fast food place, watch some T.V., and fall asleep while your T.V. bill rises.

It's not a good thing... You need to break that habit.

Yeah, you seriously need to cut it off before you fall asleep. Before you didn't sleep with the T.V. on, but now that you have a job and you stay up trying to catch up on your shows, it took a lot out of you.