Part Five

Later that evening, Harry Potter had saved Hogwarts by slaying the beast that attacked Muggle-born students whilst saving Ginny Weasley that had fallen victim to the influence of the Dark Lord. 

With Hogwarts spared from the evil Lord Voldemort, the students resumed their classes as per normal. 

Both (Y/n) and Luna's bond grew exponentially, to which they became inseparable. Luna helped Ginny recover from her trauma from the Dark Lord's influence while the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Gilderoy Lockhard had gone mentally insane and sent to St' Mungo's Hospital, leaving that class suspended until next year when a new teacher could be employed. 

At the end of the school year, the students had a feast to conclude the school year, to which the paralysed students were dismissed from the Hospital Wing and allowed back amongst their peers. As everyone had finally assembled in the Great Hall, Professor McGonagall had tapped a glass with a spoon, bringing everyone's attention onto the headmaster. 

Professor Dumbledore gave a quick speech to the students. "Before we begin the feast, let us give a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Pomfrey, whose mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified. Also, in light of recent events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled!" 

The students cheered in relief excluding poor Hermione Granger who'd been working her damndest for the exams which had just been cancelled. A feast had been summoned before the students and staff as all foods had been brought before them. 

The next day, (Y/n) and Luna and gathered their belongings in suitcases and followed a big majority of the student population leaving by walking on the frozen lake to the train station where they'd be driven back to Platform 9 3/4. 

In a previous letter (Y/n) had sent to Eugene, informing him that he would be joining his new girlfriend to her place for Christmas and that he was welcome to come by and check up on him after being gone for three months. 

Upon their arrival in London, many parents and young children had keenly waited for their children to disembark the train riding into the station during the Christmas season. 

(Y/n)'s heart raced as he held Luna's hand for comfort as she pointed out where her father was as they grabbed ahold of their luggage and waited for the train to come to a stop. An eccentric-looking wizard wearing long brown robes resembling a similar appearance to that of Luna stood anxiously for his daughter to return to her arms. 

Though his hair was shorter than hers but longer than (Y/n)'s, he had a goatee growing as Luna and (Y/n) walked off the train and approached Luna's father. 

"Luna, my darling daughter. Who is this with you?" Luna's father greeted his young daughter who was accompanied by a (h/c) boy about her age. 

(Y/n) was frightened of her father as he couldn't predict how he'd behave towards him despite all Luna had told about her father. 

"Daddy, this is my boyfriend, (Y/n) Strangelove." Luna answered softly and introduced her father to (Y/n). 

"Hm. (Y/n)... you're... dating my daughter, Luna?" Luna's father interrogated (Y/n) to build his fear even more until he suddenly broke a smile and took (Y/n)'s hand and shook it. "A pleasure. An absolute pleasure. I believe Luna has told me all about you?" 

Taken aback by his sudden attitude change, (Y/n) stuttered, barely able to speak a word when Luna started laughing. 

"Daddy! You're being too much for (Y/n)." Luna exclaimed and gave her father a hug. 

"I've missed you too, sweetheart. How was school?" 

"It was fine. A lot of the girls didn't really like me except (Y/n) and a few others. They talked about you and the Quibbler, saying how wrong you are and how much of a bad author you are, but I gave them a few words."