Chapter 50: A Smile in Your Heart

Start from the beginning

Seeing that dubious expression again he kisses her forehead. “Stop worrying, alright? Don’t ever think you don’t deserve me, you’re perfect enough for me…”

After seeing him off, taking the elevator and completely gone, Dara closes the door and sighs. “How sweet~” Durami was standing nearby, witnessing the last few seconds of their cheesy scene. Her voice was in a tone of endearment and tease. “You know mom is spazzing crazy inside”

“Ya Sandara, he already did too much for you, stop being hard on him, alright?” They gathered on the dining room to eat and her mom feeds her with sermon for dinner.

"You’re lucky enough he’s kind, if it’s someone else you’ll end up fighting and hurting each other more. He’s actually being patient to your krung krung brain and cry baby side… That’s rare!”

Dara drops her shoulders and groaned. How many times has she been nagged already? By YG, by Se7en, and now by her too? Donghae just eased her and now she’s in a hot seat again? This is why she slightly prefers being locked up for the rest of the night, to get away from it.

“We need to keep on telling you over and over, for it to enter your mind and that you’ll learn”

“You recognize that he doesn’t deserve being hurt. Then why are you doing it? If he’s not a rebound, then why were you behaving as if he is?”

Dara looked around wondering how they know about those when she didn’t even tell them that part. Sanghyun took a pause on his eating. “Mom was eavesdropping”

She squinted her eyes into tiny slits, puffing her cheeks. “What?” Her mom says defensively. “I was listening so that I can jump in when you start being silly”

What else can she do? She sighed and just focused on the meal in front of her, she rakes her fork on the rice, not in the mood to grab a bite. Her mom continues to utter several advices like

“It’s understandable if seeing GD in his state shocked you and lead you thinking a lot of things. But like I told you, you can’t confuse love to feeling sorry and guilty”

“And even if you are to think over things again and choose, why do you have to take the path where you know will hurt yourself and Donghae when there’s practically another option where you’ll live happily together”

“Instead of thinking how he doesn’t deserve you, why not focus on starting to be and give what he truly deserves”

And etc.

Dara believes those strong advices just doesn’t come from her mom alone, she believes that the rest of the world thinks that too. Everyone would tell her those same things.

For maybe that was the right things after all. Realizing all those points, she willingly went out with Donghae the next day and tried to be as normal as she is. But with a little extra effort to show her affection towards him.

“So what are your plans today huh? You asked me to have the store closed for what?” Ken asks, taking a seat on one of the couches.

“Nothing... We just want to have a place we can hang out in private” Donghae answers, raising his shoulders up.

There really was no plan; he just wants to hang out with her.

“The question is... what is there to do here?”

Out of the blue, Goon quickly stood up, clapped his hands loudly together, looking like he had a great idea. “AHA! I KNOW!” he gives Dara a challenging glare. “It’s time for our rematch, noona”