six

We have officially been at the party for twenty minutes now. I was sat beside Blake in a circle of people playing spin the bottle- granted, I was actually playing. I told Blake that I have never really played spin the bottle and that I would rather just sit by and watch,  he just smiled and shrugged in response. The game appeared fun enough, but I don't think I'd be willing to try it just yet. So far people have been asked to do all sorts of dares, from licking four different surfaces to putting icecubs in their underwear.  Admittedly, it was really fun to just sit there and laugh at them. 

I also noticed that Violet was dancing with Jay to some pop song, massive grins on both of their faces. I made a mental note to talk to her about it later. Even though she explained to me that she did not like Jay like that, it was more than obvious that something was there. 

Looking around, I have also noticed Owen. He was stood with two other people, who's backs were towards me, and there was a look of concern, worry and something that looked like fear to me. Oh no, something was obviously wrong. I nudged Blake and nodded towards where Owen stood, however, Blake just shrugged and said "He'll be fine, it's my turn now." 

"I think I'll just go and check if everything is fine.." I replied getting up, Blake just nodded as he reached for the bottle. 

I tried to join Owen smoothly, since I didn't really want to get involved with whatever was happening between the two people.  "What's up?" I asked, as casually as I could as I stepped beside Owen. 

Owen glanced at me, a little startled before replying "Someone is trying to flirt with Thea." 

Wait, Thea?

I looked at the two people in front of us, and sure enough, one of them was Thea with her arms crossed across her chest and her lips pursed in a tight line, the other person was a guy with sloppy grin.  

To say Thea looked annoyed at him would be a major understatement. 

"Come on Thea, dance with me."  The guy slurred, obviously he had something to drink already. "I just think you're really pretty, like, your eyes are as beautiful as, um, some really nice eyes."  

Thea rolled her eyes and looked up, I couldn't really make out what she said over the music but it sounded something like "I swear to God".  

"Thea you, you're just, you're not like other girls." The guy tried again and I could hear Owen let out a faint "oh no" 

"What the fuck is wrong with other girls?!" Thea practically shouted in the guy's face.  

It was safe to say that the drunken smirk quickly disappeared from his face and was replaced with a look of fear. 

"I didn't- I didn't mean that!" He stammered raising his hands up in defense. 

"What did you mean then?" Thea demanded.  I now understood why Owen looked so concerned. 

"I just meant that you're different, you know? Other girls would have been throwing themselves at me, but you're just, not. You're different." The cool grin was back. Not good.  

"Well I don't see anyone-" Thea paused as she noticed me beside Owen watching her, her eyes narrowed as she continued "Izzy? Do you feel the urge to throw yourself all over this body?" She asked motioning to the drunk guy. I stared at her blankly for a few seconds ad then shook my head. The guy actually gasped and looked slightly offended.

"You know what? I had enough" Thea sneered and before either Owen or I had the chance to stop her, her fist was connected with his jaw. 

If the cracking sound was anything to go by, I had to say that she was quite strong. 

"Um Thea?" Owen asked taking a step towards her. 

"Yeah?" The look on her face was pure amusement. I made another mental note: don't get on Thea's bad side. 

What really surprised me was Owen's reaction which was  "nice" and a fist-bump.  "Anyway, I'm going to get going, they need me to help with the drinks." and with that, and some weird salute, he was off. 

That left me with Thea. Thea who was staring at me with an unreadable look. Oh, and the groaning guy on the floor. 

"So..." I began. What was I suppose to do now? Staying here with Thea was too awkward, but simply turning around and walking back to the group playing spin the bottle didn't seem that smooth either. Looking at Thea, I could tell a similar thing was going through her mind. 

"Are you- are you enjoying the party?" Thea asked with what I'm guessing was meant to be a smile, but looked more like a grimace. 

"Um, yeah. I was just sat with Blake at the spin the bottle circle."  I said gesturing to the group. 

"Why did you come here then?" She winced when it came out ruder than she probably intended. 

"I just saw Owen, and he looked a bit worried, so I thought I might be able to help out somehow." I shrugged, Thea's response was to narrow her eyes at me. "I think I'm going to go back there now.  Want to come?"  

"Sure." Thea nodded and walked off towards the group, making me do a little jog to catch up with her through the crowd of people. When we both joined the group, Blake greeted us both with a smile and a small nod. 

"My turn!" Some guy with brown floppy hair grinned and reached for the bottle. Everyone watched as it spun around until it slowed down and finally stopped on Blake. "Hmm Blake, I dare you to..." he paused looking around the room, a mischievous smirk growing on his face, "I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in this circle."  

I nearly choked on my own spit when Thea and Bloke both immediately looked at me (attractive I know right). What? 

Blake looked me straight in the eyes like he was searching for something. Was he going to kiss me? I could feel myself starting to blush. Oh come on Izzy, you can do this, it's just for a dare. A simple, meaningless dare.  Blake pushed himself up, and yep, he was leaning in my direction. Before I knew it, my eyes were closing. 

I gasped at the sudden jab at my side. My eyes flew open and immediately turned to Thea who's eyes were wide and she was shaking her head. Utterly confused I turned to Blake, who was reaching over me to kiss the redheaded girl next to me. Oh.