four

a/n 

so so so sorry that this chapter is very short, and very late, and really boring. It's more of a filler chapter. 

I promise things will get much more interesting in the next chapter, just please stay with me. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

“Do you have any dresses?” Violet asked as she looked through the clothes in my closet.

“I don't really wear any, but I think I might have one or two right at the back somewhere.” I answered. Violet and I were currently packing my things for the trip- well, it was more like Violet was silently judging my fashion choices and choosing things that I don't even remember buying. I didn't mind though, Violet is nice and I'm enjoying spending time with her, my usual friends don't normally do these kind of things.

Thea was here too, except she wasn't actually helping us pack. She was currently sprawled out on my bed and playing on her phone. Despite her previous speech about how much she wanted me to come on this trip, I got the impression that she wasn't actually that enthusiastic about me coming. To be completely honest, I think she doesn't even really like me that much.

“Finally!” Thea muttered and I followed her gaze to the window where Blake was, when he saw that I noticed him he smiled and mouthed something which I couldn't understand. I guessed that he wanted me to open the window so he could get it, so that's what I did. Why couldn't he just use the front door like a normal person?

“So, how's the packing going?” He asked as he tumbled into the room.

“Boring” Thea replied at the same time Violet said “Nearly finished.”

“If you are that bored why don't you go shopping with Jay and Owen? They're waiting outside.” Blake responded and Thea rolled her eyes but got up anyway. I watched as she walked out of my room and headed downstairs. At least she was using the front door.

“Sorry about her,” Violet smiled at me as she continued folding my clothes, “she's not much of a people-person, but she gets better as you get to know her.”

I just nodded and smiled back.

“By the way, could you tell me where the toilet is?” She asked and I told her that it was just down the corridor. After she left, I looked at Blake who was sitting on the floor and looking at my bookshelf.

“You have a lot of Jane Austen books” he commented, tracing the book titles with his finger.

“Well, I like her. You should read some of her works one day.” I replied.

Blake gasped and shook his head. “You know Izzy, it's extremely pretentious of you to assume that I haven't read Jane Austen just because I like to eat pizza in stranger's houses, and walk in through windows.”

“Um, I-” I could feel my cheeks beginning to blush as I searched for something to say. Thankfully, I was interrupted by a loud sound.

“It's the front door.” I stated.

“You're a front door.” Blake laughed.

Rolling my eyes I responded,“that makes no sense.”

“Sounds like something a front door would say,” he chimed.

“That's probably Thea, she must have decided to not go after all.” Blake added and shrugged. “Thea? Why didn't you go?” He shouted. There was no response, but instead the sound of someone running up stairs.

“Maybe it's not Thea,” I whispered, and Blake turned to me with wide eyes.

“Your parents?” He asked

I shook my head, “no. They wouldn't be back from work this early, it's only 11am.”

Suddenly the door to my room opened and there stood my angry looking older brother.

"What are you two doing in here?!” Chris demanded as he looked back and forth between me and Blake.

"Nothing! We were just-" I began but stopped as I realised I had no idea what to tell him.

"Not each other, in case you were wondering. Or drugs. Or taxes.” Blake decided to respond instead.

“What?” Chris asked.

“What are you doing here?” I decided to change the topic as smoothly as I could.

“I asked you first.” Let me just say, I'm not that good at changing topics. “Who are you?” Chris asked nodding towards Blake.

“I'm Izzy's friend.” He smiled but he seemed kind of unsure.

“No you're not, I've met her friends and they are all boring snobs.” Chris snorted. I opened my mouth to protest but he looked at my with a raised eyebrow which just said that we both knew he was right.

“I'm a new friend.” Blake shrugged.

“Um, hello?” We all turned to Violet who was stood behind Chris looking puzzled.

“Is that a new friend too?” Chris asked and I nodded. “Wow, what happened? Did you pay them to be your friends?”

“Shut up, I am perfectly capable of making friends.” I glared at my brother. Why did he always have to do this? Chris was two years older than me and he was always rude, and always immature. Obviously, he didn't get along well with our parents.

“Chris, can we just talk?” I asked him, trying to show him that I was being serious. He sighed loudly but nodded and walked out of my room. As I stood up and followed him, I gave both Blake and Violet a friendly smile.

“Why are you here and not at school?” Chris asked as he walked down the stairs.

“I can ask you the same thing.” I replied.

“You tell me first, and then I'll give you my reason.” He answered as he walked into the kitchen and sat down on the kitchen counter.

“Okay,” I nodded. What was I meant to tell him? I could either tell him the truth and hope that he will not tell our parents. Or I could lie and make something up.

“Well?”

“Just don't say anything before I'm finished. The guy upstairs is Blake, I met him yesterday. He was using our house to make pizza in the middle of the night, I somehow ended up having pizza with him. Remember that phone our parents found this morning? It was his. Anyway, I thought I should return him the phone, and I saw one of his friends on the way to school so I ended up going with him to see Blake and give him his phone. Then, before I knew what was happening, they all asked me to go on a road trip with them. I said yes, and right now we were just packing. What about you?” I finished my rant with a large breath.

“Woah, did that guy really brake into our house to have pizza?” Chris laughed. “I like him already.”

“Is that all you got from the speech?” I asked raising an eyebrow. I needed to know what he thought about the road trip. If he told my mother, the whole plan would fail.

“Are you serious about the road trip?” I nodded and he smiled at me, “then go. I'm being serious. I have never expected my boring little sister to do something like this, but if you want to then there's nothing stopping you. Well, maybe except for mother.”

“That's why you have to help me. You don't need to make anything up, we already made a fake letter about a math camp, but I just need you to not tell her where I am. Please.” I tried giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

“Sure.” Well, that was easy. “But, you have to do all of my chores for six months when you get back. That includes keeping my room tidy.” Chris smirked. I was expecting that.

“Deal.” I grinned. This was really going to work, I was really going to go on a road trip and have my first ever adventure. “What's your reason for not being at school then?”

“Oh, I was kicked out.” Chris shrugged, dropped his smile and jumped off the counter.

What?