I support you

JUGHEADS POV
Veronica Lodge opens the door, looking thoughtful.
„Hello, Jughead," She say and let's me enter. „Betty us upstairs, but before you go, we need to talk."
I frown and look in her concerned eyes.
„Sure," I say. „What is it?"
"Do you love her?" Veronica says monotonously.
"What?"
"That was a simple question. Are you in love with Betty Cooper?"
"Uh... yes.. I've always been."
Veronica smiles widely. "Good. Now I allow you the access to Betty."
I slightly smile at her and start climbing the stairs, targeting Bettys room.
I knock on the door and I hear Bettys angel voice calling me in.
I slightly push the door open and see her sitting on her bed with the tangerines printed on it. I see her wiping away a tear and forcing herself to smile at me.
I can't see her like that.
I quickly walk over to her, pulling her in a tight hug. She presses herself against my chest and I start stroking her beautiful blonde hair.
"Hey, everything will be all right, Betts.." I say softly.
I feel her shake her head. "No, it won't... you- you don't even know why you're here.."
"I can guess.." I say and she looks at me. Our eyes meet and I smile at her.
She suddenly stands up and walks over to a drawer.
She grabs something and throws it on the bed, right in front of me. It's a pregnancy test, which turns out to be positive.
I look up at her. "I assumed.." I say.
I see her biting her lower lip. "Then why did you even come?" She says. "This is just because we were drunk and high, we didn't want this, you didn't want this, you didn't want me.."
She starts sobbing again and I stand up and come closer to her.
"Hey, who said, I don't want you?" I say softly, stroking a streak of her blonde hair behind her ear.
"I assumed.." She says quietly.
I chuckle softly and look in her eyes. "I do want you. I just thought, you don't want me.."
She slowly shakes her head and smiles. "Oh, I do. But you don't mean it the way I mean it, do you?"
"Depends. How do you mean it?"
"I mean it like, I'm in love with you..."
"Me too.. I love you, Betty Cooper.." I say and she smiles widely at me.
I set my fingers under her chin and turn her head upward, toward my face.
Our lips touch slightly and I pull away. I take her face in my hands and kiss her again, firmer this time (that's practically copied from a certain book, if you know which, comment *me now realizing that it's impossible to guess*)
I feel her hands on my waist and deepen our kiss. That's what I wanted to do for many, many years.
We pull away, pressing our foreheads together. "I love you" Betty whispers.
We pull apart and she desperately says, "What do we do now?" She looks at the test, that's laying on the bed.
"It's your choice," I say. "But I'll support you with whatever you decide."
We sit down on the bed and I lay one arm around her shoulders.
"You know," Betty says. "I've planned my entire future.. how I graduate, how I go to Yale in one year.. but if I'd get an abortion, I'd be killing a child, our child, and I can't live with the thought of that.. I know, I'll be regretting it my whole life.."
"So, what do you think is the better option?"
"I don't know... I think, I'll talk to my family first..." She says and turns her head in my directions, and our eyes meet.
"That's a good idea," I say and kiss her. "I know, you'll make the right decision."
"How can you be so happy and so sad at the same time, like I am right now?" She says and kisses the tip of my nose.
"Easily. With me in your life." I say and she chuckles softly.

BETTYS POV
*the same day, evening*
I would tell my mom and Polly, my sister about my pregnancy now.
They're sitting at the dinner table, right next to me.
I just need to find the courage to say it. I've never spoken the words out.
"Mom, Polly," I say and they both look at me. "I need to tell you something..."
"Go ahead, honey!" Mom says smiling at me. Polly nods and I inhale.
"I- I'm..." I swallow. "I'm pregnant.." I finally say.
I look up in the faces of my mother and my sister, they both look shocked.
"Wha-What?" My mother's voice breaks. I can tell, she's nearly crying.
"Are you serious?" Polly says quietly. She doesn't say it rudely, she just wants to make sure, I'm not joking.
I slowly nod and I feel the tears in my eyes again.
I see my mom holding back tears too. "Who- who is the father?" She asks desperately.
"I- Are you going to kill him?" I say serious. "No, I just want to know. I mean, as far as I know, you don't have a boyfriend.." She says and I slightly sigh out of relief.
"It's uh... Jughead.." I say.
Her eyes widen. "Jughead? Jones? I- I thought you were just friends.." she sobs.
I can't help it, I come closer and hug her tightly.
"Yeah, Yeah we were.." I whisper in her ear, as she wraps her arms around me.
"Don't cry, Mom.." I say quietly and stroke her hair.
"B-Betty, if you're just friends.. how- how could that happen?"
I slightly pull back and glare at my crying mother.
"Uh, that's a long story... short version.. we were drunk.." I say and mom nods slightly.
"Ha-Have you told him yet?" She asks.
"Yeah, I did. Turns out we're both crushing on each other for years.." I say while tears escape my eyes too and I laugh quietly.
"S-So what do you want to do?"
"I was hoping, you'd help me decide." I say and mom smiles and nods at me.
I look over her shoulder and see, that Polly has left. Why did she leave?

*later that night*
I sit on my bed, texting V, as I hear a knock on my door.
The door opens and I see Polly looking at me. „Can I come in?" she asks.
I nod and symbolize, that she should sit next to me on my bed.
„I'm sorry," Polly says. „For leaving earlier."
„Why did you?"
„I don't know," she replies. „I guess, I just needed to process. You know, I've always thought, I'd be the first one having kids. It's like, you're my little sister, you're the little girl... I don't know.." She shrugs innocently and I smile slightly.
„It's okay, Pol," I say. „I kind of understand."
„Thank you, Betty." She says and we hug.
My family is accepting me.. that's great. Now, there's just one more obstacle left. I have to tell my friends somehow. I told Jug and V, not to tell anyone, that was my job...