Chapter 3: Arrival

Megan and I were riding on the back of Megan's black pegasus into the nearest town. It was a ways from our camp, but it would be worth the trip if we could find Christmas presents for our husbands. So far, we hadn't run into any trouble, but we had our weapons ready just in case. Suddenly, we heard a noise coming from a tree they had just flown by. Megan turned her Pegasus around and took out her Thorn tome, waiting to see what awaited us inside the tree. When she heard the noise get closer, she started to charge up her magic, ready to strike at any moment.

" Wait!" I heard a familiar voice call from the tree. A flustered Stahl emerged from it, waving his hands in front of him.

"Stahl? What are you doing here? Did you follow us?" I questioned.

" Umm...no...yes! Please don't be mad! Chrom and Frederick sent me to follow you and make sure you two were ok."

" Wow, what trusting husbands we have!" I exclaimed, a little annoyed at Chrom's lack of trust in me.

"They're just worried about you girls! Don't be upset!" Stahl said, clearly backing up Frederick and Chrom's decision.

" I can understand, but seeing as though we've been through so much together, they clearly know we can take care of ourselves." Megan chimed in.

" You're right. Anyway, since i'm out, I want to go check out the bakery at the next town. They must have some holiday cookies out for sale!" Stahl said excitedly with a twinkle in his eyes. He was probably thinking of the sweets in store for him at the bakery.

I laughed at his enthusiasm. " Alright Stahl, why don't you ride along with us? You brought your horse, right? We can travel to town together!" I asked, hoping he could come with us and help pick out Christmas gifts.

"Sure! That would be great!" Stahl replied.

On that note, we headed off to the town.
.............................................................

The towns people greeted us with warm smiles all around. There seemed to be a bazaar taking place. Stalls were placed on the side walks of the streets with busy merchants calling people to them. Excitedly, Stahl ran into the crowd, leaving his horse tied near the gates of town.

" I'll be at the bakery!" He called behind him. So much for helping us pick out gifts.

"Where should we start?" I asked Megan.

"Let's just walk around and see what we can find." Megan replied.

"Alright. Sounds like a plan to me." I said back.

We started to walk around the town aimlessly, hoping to find something that would catch our eye. There were shops that sold shiny silver jewelry, fancy hats, fresh fruit, and hand-crafted weaponry, but nothing seemed to be the perfect gift that we wanted. Our husbands had done so much for us, the least we could do was get them a Christmas gift that they would enjoy. After a while, we decided to meet up with Stahl at the bakery and see what he was up to.