18

"hailee! baby! hey" she heard JJs voice as the officer escorted her to the tent to get questioned

"JJ, hey!" she said, reaching her arms out to him after the officer released her from the handcuffs.

she hugged him as they got to the tent, her grunting because of the bruise.

"here, put this on" he smiled, handing her his hoodie he got from his backpack before they took it from him.

"hey kid, let me check out this bruising okay?" the female officer spoke as she walked towards hailee

"did he do this to you?" shoupe asked as he glared at JJ who's jaw dropped in shock

"really shoupe? you think that low of me?" JJ asked

"wouldn't be surprised if you got it off your old man?!" shoupe shrugged, causing JJ to scoff

"so was it him or no?" shoupe asked ignoring JJ

"what no, he would never! he's nothing like his father!" she said, looking at the two males who argued infront of her.

"get a statement from her after you clean her up, got it!" shoupe directed to the female officer.

"of course" she nodded her head, walking hailee to another tent where she checked out her bruises.

"so what happened?" the deputy asked after cleaning her up a little.

hailees fathers voice filled her mind, sharing the words he would realest to her after taking his anger out on her when she was younger.

"don't you tell anyone. got it! what do you tell them? talk to me kid!" he shouted

"i tumbled down the porch steps and fell on my stomach, it's no big deal, i'm fine" she repeated his words he constantly repeated.

"good. you can't say a single word what happened here. got it?" he shouted, the small girl whimpered as she stood under him

"you got it kid!" he shouted, punching a whole in the wall behind her, right next to her head.

"i got it!" she said

"nothing really officer, i just fell down the porch steps earlier and landed on some junk of the ground badly" she sighed, lying, repeating the lie her dad yelled at her multiple times to say.

she knew if she told the truth of the situation what had happened with barry and rafe, she would have to go more into detail and then the crew would get into major shit if she spilled how they had been helping john b.

"that doesn't look like a fall kid, who did this to you?" she asked

"nobody! i'm not lying, okay!" she defended herself.

"i'll be waiting for when you come foward and tell me the truth hailee" the officer sighed

"thank you ma'am" she shivered, putting JJs hoodie over her small body, the smell of his favourite cologne filling her nose, a smile being brought up to her lips.