Chapter 2 (Reyes' POV)

This took a really long time! I am so sorry for those who have been waiting but I promise to be more regular! So, I hope you enjoy this and let me know what you think :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own rights to the book, Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. 

Read, enjoy, comment and vote!

*********

Reyes’ POV

“How long are you planning to sit here?” the blonde librarian was back, I groaned in frustration ignoring her compressed annoyance. Instead I closed my eyes, sinking in to the library’s silence, doesn’t she know that this is the only place that I can actually get some rest. It had been three days since she had caught me with…uh caught me with…I couldn’t recall the name, it didn’t matter anyway. She pushed the book trolley, careful to avoid my outstretched legs and walked to the further end of the bookshelf. She put in her earphones as she started to stack each book; I opened my eyes and watched her like a curious cat.

I turned my head just a bit, I traced the outline of her back in my mind slowing down over the curve of her ass; she was dressed in a simple blue button down shirt, a pleated skirt and sneakers that were too dirty. She pushed her huge glasses further up her pointed nose, her tiny mouth wordlessly singing along to whichever song was playing, and I watched her try to reach higher than her normal height, tiny groans escaping her lips at her failure. The girl pushed back a lock of her blond hair and tried again, straining to reach the shelf even though she was already on tip toes. She placed a hand on the shelf to support herself and I thought she was going to resort to climbing up the shelf. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

I chuckled at her frustration which caused her sky blue eyes to glare in my direction, “you seem to be having so much fun laughing at my incompetency.” Her voice had a slight acidic tinge to it, as her eyes looked over my lanky form.

I placed my hands behind my head, “Well, considering how voluptuous your ass looks from here, I might as well enjoy the show.” I flashed a smug smile as I watched her face flush in embarrassment.

“You’re a pervert, you know that?” usually when girls told that to me, they always had a flirtatious aura about them – one finger twirling a lock of hair, one hip out and lip biting – but this girl seemed really offended. “You could help me.” She said, placing one hand on her hip as she held out a book for me.

I just looked at her, making no attempt to move from my comfortable position. I let an amount of time pass without saying anything, just staring at the blonde girl in front of me who seemed relentless in her task of making me place the book. She raised an eyebrow at me, beckoning at the book in her hand until I finally gave up. I groaned to let her know that I was frustrated but she only smiled at me, sweetly. “There’s a good boy.” She said teasingly.

“Don’t flatter yourself, blondie.” I muttered grabbing the red hardcover book, gold letterings emboldened on the cover Far from the Madding Crowd. I had never read the book before but, it did sound like an interesting title. I stopped for a while and flipped through the tattered book, its pages seemed like it would fall out at any time. But I guess the library took care of fixing up their worn out copies.

“That’s a really nice book.” She offered helpfully but I merely grunted at her. I felt her eyes on me as I skimmed through a few pages, my eyes catching a few sentence here and there but not really comprehending what the plot of the book was. There was no blurb on the back either. I pursed my lips at this, the book seemed so mysterious with its crimson cover, the gold lettering standing out they spelled out the book title in a beautiful cursive manner.