Chapter 36 After The Expedition

Start from the beginning

“I do not understand?” I asked.

“Levi’s Squad” Eren clarified. I could see the hurt on his eyes when he said that.

“It’s my fault they’re dead” He said again. I sighed.

“You didn’t kill them, Eren. The female titan was the one that killed them. So, stop blaming yourself for something that you didn’t do, brat” I said. He shook his head.

“I know, but I made the wrong choice. I had the power to do something back then. I could’ve transformed and stopped her, but instead, I just watched helplessly as they all died right in front of my eyes. It’s my fault they’re dead. I could’ve saved them, but I didn’t. I didn’t save them, just like I didn’t save my Mom who died in front of my eyes” He said, crying. 

“Eren, what happened to your Mother?” I asked. I saw Eren look at me before silently wiping some of his tears away.

“It was during the first attack from the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan” He started. I took his hand with mine to give him some comfort as he talked about this. I could tell by the sound of his voice that this was a really sensitive topic.

“When the Colossal kicked the wall. Some of the boulders crashed into houses. Mine was one of them. Mikasa and I… We-We ran towards our house, but we found my Mom trapped underneath the rubble. We tried to lift the wood, but it was too heavy. My Mom told us that her legs were crushed” He said. I suddenly felt Eren trembling.

“Just then, we saw a titan coming near us. We were both refusing to leave. Then a Garrison soldier came. He said that he would take on the titan, but he got scared and… and… he took us and ran in the opposite direction. I watched the titan pull my Mother from the rubble and… and…” Eren explained, but couldn’t finish the last sentence as more tears came down his face. 

“I was so close! I could’ve saved them. I just sat idly by watching them all get killed! Damn it!” He yelled, slamming his fist into the bedsheets as he practically began sobbing.

“I’m sorry, Eren. I didn’t mean to bring up troubling memories” I said, caressing his cheek. I then pulled him into a gentle hug before feeling him clutch the fabric of my shirt. I don’t know how long we were like that, but it must have been long. He had finally calmed down.

“Are you feeling better?” I asked. He nodded. I then pushed the food closer to him.

“Eat” I ordered. He nodded, grabbing the bread. He then stopped then looked at me. He then kissed me. I kissed him back. I felt his hands snake around my small body. I moaned. He finally stopped.

“I love you, Alex” He said.

“Tsk, I love you too, brat” I said.

*Time Skip*

I don’t know what time it was, but it was already late. We were training outside in hand to hand combat while using the wooden knives. I was training with Reiner. He attacked me, but I quickly took the knife from his hand and elbowed him in the chest. Reiner grunted as he skidded across the floor on his back. 

“I can’t believe that you still keep beating my ass every signal time, Alex” Reiner said. I rolled my eyes while clicking my tongue in annoyment. 

“You’re just way too weak” I said. He chuckled. He got up. I threw the knife back at him, and he grabbed it before getting up and charging once again. I saw him slashed at my face, but I dodged it at the last second before tripping him. He fell to the ground while I sighed, looking at the wooden knife in my hand once again. 

“How? Damn it! Ouch! That hurt!” Reiner yelled. 

“Tsk. Like I said. You’re weak” I said. I looked around but didn’t see Eren or Sebastian. I sighed. I was really hoping for Sebastian to be here.