𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Phillis sat in between Eustace and Lucy, chained up against a wall

Phillis sat in between Eustace and Lucy, chained up against a wall. They watched as a group of screaming people were put onto boats and sent out into the sea. A sort of green mist emerged and engulfed the people. They were gone.
"I bid 60!"
"I bid 80"
"100 for the little lady!"
"120."
"150."
"Any more bids? Sold!"
Lucy screamed as they shoved her off the platform. Her, Phillis and Eustace were to be sold. The way they were speaking of Lucy infuriated Phillis.
"And now, for the lady we've all been waiting for," said the announcer.
Phillis was shoved onto the stone podium.
"Who'll kick off the bidding?"
"80!"
"90!"
"I bid 130 for the pretty lady."
"140."
"170 for the lovely lady."
Phillis figured that the only reason she was going for more than Lucy, was because she was more... developed.
"She's good for more than just work!"
"220!"
"280!"
"300 and we'll end it there."
"Any more bids? Going for 300! Sold!"
Phillis rolled her eyes at the men. It angered Edmund to hear them speaking about his girlfriend like that. He was itching to punch someone. "I'll take them off your hands. I'll take them all off your hands!" said a familiar voice.
A man dressed in a long blue cloak, removed it, revealing Drinian and Reepicheep. Numerous other buyers took off their cloaks, revealing the Dawn Treader's crew. "For Narnia!" Reep yelled.
It turned into a brawl, swords were drawn and battlecries were heard. Phillis used her handcuffs to strangle a man, before Reepicheep unlocked hers and Lucy's with his rapier. Phillis had to use what she could to fight, as her swords were missing.

When it was all over, Phillis had chance to retrieve her swords from the hall. She gave Lucy a tight side hug as they walked through the town, its people cheering for them. "I did warn you, Tommy. Technically, you did lose my sword," Phillis joked, causing Lucy and Tommy to laugh.
"Lock me up and throw away the key, Your Majesty," Tommy smirked.
"Don't call me that," Phillis laughed.
"Your Majesty! Your Majesty!" a man said, running towards Caspian.
Drinian blocked his path, preventing the man from getting any closer to the king. "My wife was taken just this morning!" the man said.
"Daddy!" a little girl yelled.
"I beg you, take me with you," the man said.
"It's alright, Drinian," said Phillis, implying he could release the man.
"Like I said, I take orders from King Caspian," the bald man replied.
"I know you do. The man is asking for King Caspian's help, I doubt he'd murder the king - who just saved his town - in front of his daughter. So, Drinian, it's alright," Phillis snapped, clenching her jaw so tightly, she thought her teeth might crack.
Reluctantly, and with a heavy sigh, Drinian released the man. "Please," the man said.
"I want to come!" his daughter pleaded.
"No, Gael, stay with your aunt," he said, pushing his daughter to one side. "I'm a fine sailor. Been on the seas my whole life."
"Of course, you must," Caspian said, patting the man on the shoulder.
"Thank you," the man grinned.
"But Daddy!" Gael pleaded.
"Have I ever not come back?" he hugged her. "Now, be good."
Tommy and Lucy could see that Phillis was physically moved by the sight, as she had a tear trickling down her cheek. "Are you alright?" Tommy asked.
"I know what it's like to have your father go away to sea and not know if he is to return," she whispered, her voice cracking.
Tommy and Lucy pulled her into a brief hug, before they caught up with Caspian and Edmund.
Once they reached the boats, an elderly man ran towards the group. "My King! My King!" he yelled, a sword covered in barnacles outstretched. "This was given to me by your father. I hid it safely in a cave all these years."
"That's an old Narnian sword," said Edmund.
"It's from your Golden Age," said the man.
Any mention of the Golden Age had Phillis and Edmund glancing at each other, before bursting into blushes and flushed cheeks. Phillis cleared her throat, turning away from the boy. "There are seven swords, gifts from Aslan to protect Narnia. Your father entrusted them to us. Here, take it. And may it protect you."
Caspian examined it as the crowd began cheering again.
"Thank you, my lord. And we shall find your lost citizens."
The group turned to walk to the boats before Caspian stopped again. "Edmund," Caspian handed the sword to him.

Phillis slept well that night. Her hammock rocked with the waves and it lulled her into perhaps the most perfect slumber. Caspian has offered his cabin to her and Lucy, but Phillis insisted she was okay to sleep below deck in the hammocks.

Dear diary,
There has been an extraordinary turn of events. I've been abducted by my cousins and set adrift in uncharted waters in some ridiculous-looking boat. What's worse is I share quarters with an obnoxious mouse thing. And I thought bunking with my cousin, who spoke of Phillis in his sleep, was bad enough. So far, every person I've met in this strange place suffers from the most florid delusions. Chasing green mists and looking for lost lords. I can only assume that this is the result of a poor diet. Or they're all just barking mad. Cousin Edmund is no exception. He spends every spare second rubbing that tin sword of his like it's some magic lantern. Poor fool clearly needs a hobby. Peeving marmot! He's even more deluded than my cousin. In lighter news, Phillis Opal is here with her friend Tommy. They're both terribly kind to me. Though, I did come to discover that Phillis and cousin Edmund are in fact dating. Honestly, I expected her to have higher standards than that, but the heart wants what the heart wants, I suppose.