𝚝𝚎𝚗

Phillis stood on the balcony, staring at the stars above

Phillis stood on the balcony, staring at the stars above. She felt so alone, she just wanted her mother and father back. As much as Phillis adored Narnia, she didn't feel like it was home. The cold breeze awoke the goosebumps in her skin. She was about to head back inside, until she heard Edmund's sweet voice. "You stare at the stars a lot."
"Yes, well, they are mine to stare at. Just like the Western Woods are yours to admire," she replied.
"Are you okay?" he asked, appearing at her side. "You seemed in a rush to leave Prince Miguel."
"He wouldn't stop asking questions and flirting and smirking," she shrugged. "Besides, I don't want him to think I want to marry him."
"You don't?"
"No, of course not."
"Who do you want to marry?"
"Certainly not you, if that's what you're asking," she joked, causing Edmund to shove her lightly.
"How dare you accuse me of such a thing!" he played along with her.
She laughed, rolling her eyes slightly.
"You look beautiful, by the way," he blushed as he spoke.
"Thank you. You look rather dashing yourself," she complimented the King's attire.
"Miss. Phillis!" Mr. Tumnus exclaimed, arriving on the balcony. "Prince Miguel is making a speech and has requested you be there."
"Okay," Phillis sighed, "Thank you, Mr. Tumnus."
The three returned to the ballroom to listen to Miguel's speech. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please? I came to Cair Paravel tonight in search of a bride to help me rule Telmar. After searching, I believe I have found the woman who is the perfect fit for me. She is beautiful and has the mind of an owl. So, Queen Phillis the Zealous, of the Sparkling Constellations above, will you be my bride?"
Phillis' eyes went wide as the guests all turned to her. She didn't know what to say. She didn't want to marry Prince Miguel, but Peter's words echoed through her mind. She couldn't bring herself to speak, so nodded weakly, looking at her shoes in defeat. The crowd applauded the new royal engagement. "Why did you do that?" Edmund hissed.
"Peter said I had to. I'm putting Narnia first, Ed. Besides, it's my job as a mere Queen to marry rich and produce an eligible heir to the throne," she shrugged, sighing.