𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

The next morning, the sun woke Phillis

The next morning, the sun woke Phillis. She looked to her left and noticed Cobalt gone, so he'd obviously seen Phillis cuddling with none other than Edmund Pevensie. She didn't move, as she enjoyed Edmund's warmth. His breathing was heavy, and he twitched a lot. She blushed as he nestled into her. Truth be told, she'd slept perfectly after Edmund arrived.
Deciding enough was enough, she sat up in bed, getting out quietly. Edmund stirred slightly but didn't wake. When he finally woke, Phillis was pinning her hair back. Noticing he was in her bed, his cheeks reddened, his mind instantly travelling to the most extreme case scenario. "Phillis?" he rubbed his eyes.
"Morning, Edmund," she smiled at him from the mirror.
"What happened last night?" he muttered.
"You came into my sleeping quarters, something about a bad dream," she replied.
"Where are you going?" he asked as she walked towards the door.
"To breakfast. Elmer has something to announce apparently," she shrugged, leaving Edmund alone, slightly confused in her room.
As she entered the dining hall, she saw Cobalt send her a knowing smile. She gave him a look as if to say 'you keep your mouth shut or else'. Phillis took a seat in between Lucy and Susan. It was then she noticed Lady Dariyah sat in the middle of Peter, who was sat at the head of the table, and Elmer, who sat opposite Phillis. "Where's Edmund?" Elmer asked, looking at her.
"How am I to know?" she replied.
Seconds later, Edmund came trotting in, plopping himself down next to Elmer. "Oh, hello, Lady Dariyah. To what do I owe the pleasure?" he smiled.
"Actually," Elmer said, standing, "Dariyah and I have decided to get married."
Everyone looked at Phillis as she choked on the water she was drinking. "Congratulations," Peter grinned, "You two deserve each other."
"You've known each other for weeks. Is it a good idea to marry each other so soon?" Susan asked, and Phillis picked up on the hint of jealousy in her eyes.
"Well, Dariyah is actually bearing my child," the words that left Elmer's lips made Phillis cough up her toast.
"And the plot thickens," she whispered to Lucy, who laughed.
"When's the wedding?" Edmund asked.
"As soon as. We didn't want an illegitimate child," Elmer shrugged.
"And you're having it here?" Peter asked.
"If you wouldn't mind?" Dariyah smiled.
"Of course not, we'd be delighted. Wouldn't we, girls?" Peter said, looking to the three Queens, who had kept awfully quiet.
"Absolutely," Lucy put on a smile.
"Of course this means Lady Dariyah will be staying with us now," Elmer said.
"Oh, joy," Phillis said sarcastically, glaring at her brother.
"Are you done?" Elmer snapped at her. "What has Dari ever done to you, huh?"
"Wouldn't you like to know," Phillis rolled her eyes, before finishing her toast.
She followed Susan and Lucy out of the hall. The three girls made a dash for the library. Mr. Tumnus was sat in there, reading a book quietly. "Oh, Mr. Tumnus!" Lucy exclaimed.
"He's marrying her," Susan sobbed, leaning onto his shoulder.
"What?" he asked.
"Elmer's marrying Lady Dariyah of Archenland, who's pregnant with his child," Phillis explained.
"I see," Mr. Tumnus nodded slightly. "And this is a bad thing because?"
"Susan's in love with Elmer and Lady Dariyah is horrible and mean," Lucy said.
"I appreciate that, but if they make each other happy, you have to respect that," he replied.
He had a point, but the woman still infuriated Phillis. Phillis' mind flashed back to the previous night and how happy and safe she'd felt in Edmund's embrace. Edmund. Edmund of all people! She didn't know how she felt about the boy anymore.