Chapter 35: Is this...the end? Pt. 3

Beginne am Anfang

Levi was also grateful for the break, leaned against the wall, which was stained with blood, gasping for breath, but he did not take his eyes off Erwin.

"You know ... we don't have to do that. We are ... both grown people and can solve our dispute differently. I'm sure the police is already on their way, because of all the noise we've made. Levi ... let's talk, please. We're friends."

Erwin tried to speak to his comrade with an angels tongue, tried to bring calm into this chaos again, and to prevent worse things before either of them get seriously injured, but Levi remained stubborn.

"Friends? Don't call me friend, you jackass. Friends don't kiss the other's girlfriend when he's not in the country. Friends don't lie to you for weeks or even months. Friends .... friends just don't do that. No, Erwin. You are not a friend. "

"Don't say that without being sure you won't regret it later, Levi. But you're right: I shouldn't have kissed Nina behind your back. I should have told you from the start how serious I was about her. I just couldn't hold back any longer, I just thought with my dick. You're absolutely right about this: I was a shitty friend. "

Erwin hoped that an open confession would make Levi mild and help calm the situation. Enough blood has been spilled. Even one drop was too much in Erwins opinion.

"Tch. Late insight is better than none at all. "

"Right. But what about Nina? "

"What about her? Don't come back to me with the same shit as before. I won't take this shit from you. " There it was again. Levi's voice took a deep, threatening tone so incredibly fast that even Erwin shivered.

"Levi ... you complained that I didn't tell you the truth. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Don't you want to hear the truth or don't you want to hear it from ME? "

Levi gritted his teeth, his eyes darkened. He had a premonition of what Erwin was trying to tell him but avoided asking. He was out of patience for his mind games. He wanted facts! Without beating around the bush, without back doors and without talking nicely.

"Tch. Then speak, and be quick. I still feel sick when I just look at you or hear you talk. "

Levi's fingers itched to beat Erwin's stupid grin from his face once and for all and some intellect into it so that he finally learns to keep his dirty fingers from women who do not belong to him.

"Again: I or Nina never intended to hurt you, never. You knew for a long time that I have feelings for her but never did anything to stop me. How do you think I should have behaved? "

"Tch! Don't come to me like that! You shouldn't have behaved like an absolute ass and made out with Nina behind my back! How am I supposed to trust you ever again ?! Don't expect me to lock you up in your room IF Nina should ever come back here. You're a grown man, dammit! You're meant to fucking control your cock! " Yelled Levi, who had talked himself into rage mode again. The thought that Erwin's lips had touched the ones of Nina caused him a headache.

"I know Levi. And under normal circumstances I wouldn't disagree with you, but ... it's far more complicated than you think. "

"What the hell do you mean? Talk properly to me!"

Erwin sighed heavily, the pain from his wounds slowly beginning to settle into his system to torment him. Levi's last blow certainly broke some of his ribs. Not to mention the sliced eyebrow. Erwin was only relieved that the bleeding had stopped.

Levi, on the other hand, showed no signs of pain or suffering, at least not from the fight. Erwin was sure that Levi's pain was of a purely psychological nature, but like all the years before, he didn't let anyone see it, only let others feel it. And this time, Erwin was the one who felt Levi's irrepressible anger and endless torment.