Chapter 12: Wanting Info

His head was ringing and his mind was blurry.

The last thing Alex could remember was saving Uni from a hit and run and then he immediately blacked out and faded away.

Mentally it felt like hours since he was awake.

Finally, Alex opened his eyes and saw white all around him and a window to his right.

He noticed he was in a hospital bed and heard the usual sounds of hospital monitors.

He didn't get to fully survey his surroundings as he was suddenly in a crushing hug by Uni.

"T-Thank god! Thank god your alive!" She shouted continuing her crushing hug.

"U-Uni! Ease up ease up! I just woke up!" He shouted and Uni immediately eased up.

"S-Sorry!" She said still hugging albeit more softly.

Soon Uni had let go and looked at him.

"The hit and runner had already been tracked down and arrested. I'm, sorry for not paying attention."

"It's fine. I'm just glad we're both okay. You were gonna take a more direct hit than the one I took."

Uni nodded wiping a few left over tears as the door to his room opened and Alex saw who walked in

"Are, you my nurse?" He asked.

"Glad to see your awake Alex Mustang. I'm Marie Weiss. The Major Officer of Medical Treatment of The Black Jacks. Or to put it simply, your nurse."

"You work for the Black Jacks?'

"Yep."

Alex took a second before turning to Uni.

"Hey. Can we hangout another time. Something important just came up."

Uni sighed before giving a smile.

"Sure. Stay safe." Uni said before leaving the room.

Once she was gone, Alex looked at Weiss.

"When am I gonna get cleared?"

"This afternoon. A maid named Rita Rossweisse is gonna pick you up."

"When are you free?"

As soon as Alex said that Weiss chuckled.

"My my. Already asking out your nurse on a date~?"

"Focus dammit. This is serious."

Weiss laughed a bit.

"I know. Anyways, tomorrow I'm off. Why ask?"

"Meet me tomorrow at this address." He said handing Weiss a paper.

"Will do." She said keeping the paper to remember.

After a bit, Alex got cleared and was ready to leave as he left his room and immediately saw the maid there ready to pick him up and take him home.