The medicine cat nodded. ''Yes.''

 Then, she padded back in her den. Deerleap yawned.

 ''Well, Irissmoke will be safe now that both our medicine cats are in camp.'' Turtlepond meowed. 

 Deerleap nodded. ''That's true.''

 ''Help! Irissmoke's kits are coming!'' Sunflowershade suddenly yowled, running out of the nursery. 

 Deerleap froze.

 Lilypetal turned her head swiftly. She quickly dropped her herbs in her den and rushed over. Speckleflower followed her, carrying a few herbs in her mouth.

 Deerleap stumbled to his paws and rushed over.

 ''I need everybody to stay out of the nursery.'' Lilypetal meowed, padding in the nursery. Speckleflower quickly followed her.

 ''Stay out? Stay out?'' Deerleap hissed. ''I need to be there! Irissmoke needs me!''

 ''She'll be fine. Both Lilypetal and Speckleflower are with her.'' Sunflowershade meowed.

 After a few moments, Eelkit, Cactuskit, and Blackkit padded out of the nursery.

 ''Why do we have to be out here?'' Eelkit asked.

 ''Irissmoke's kits are coming, that's why.'' Sunflowershade meowed. 

 Cactuskit blinked, then purred. ''Finally! We can show them around camp, and-''

 ''You will have to wait until they open their eyes in order to do that.'' Sunflowershade purred. ''Now, you three should go play with Maplekit.'' She suggested.

 Blackkit got up and sprinted towards the yellow-and-white she-kit. His sisters followed him. 

 Sunflowershade dipped her head towards Deerleap and padded towards Mallowstripe.

 Deerleap sat next to the nursery, panicking. What's happening? Will Irissmoke be all right? Will the kits be alright?

 ''Calm down!'' Turtlepond purred, sitting next to him. ''You look like a kit who got lost in an enemy Clan's territory!"

 ''I'm worried about Irissmoke!'' Deerleap hissed.

 ''We all are.'' Ferretbounce meowed, looking at him. He sat next to Deerleap, watching Maplekit. ''But I'm sure she will be all right.'' He meowed.

 ''I agree. My sister is strong.'' Iceskin purred.

 ''Yes... she will be all right.'' Deerleap whispered to himself, then sighed. ''You're all right about that."

 ''Of course we are.'' Turtlepond purred. ''Now, all we have to do is wait.''

 The sun began to set. Deerleap looked at his paws, panicked. ''The medicine cats have been in the nursery for a while! Is Irissmoke all right? Has anything gone wrong?'' Deerleap whispered.

 ''She's all right, don't worry.'' Iceskin meowed, but he also seemed worried.

 Lilypetal and Speckleflower padded out of the nursery. 

 Deerleap looked at them. ''How is she?''

 ''Irissmoke is fine.'' Lilypetal meowed.

 ''Congratulations, Deerleap. You're a father to four healthy kits.'' Speckleflower purred. ''You can go in now.''

 Deerleap froze. ''Four kits.. Four healthy kits!'' He purred and rushed in the nursery.

 Irissmoke looked at him, exhausted. Four kits were lying at her belly. Deerleap purred and padded over to her, nuzzling the she-cat.

 ''Irissmoke, they're... beautiful.'' Deerleap purred, looking at the kits. Irissmoke nodded, smiling.

 ''You can name the toms,'' Irissmoke looked at a fluffy dark blue-gray tom and at a pale blue-gray tom with a black stripe running down his spine. ''And I'll name the she-kits.'' Irissmoke looked at a pale brown she-kit with a cream belly and at a blue-gray she-kit with black stripes who had a stub for a tail.

 ''All right.'' Deerleap purred. ''How about Featherkit for the dark blue-gray tom, and.. Coalkit, for the tom with a black stripe running down his spine?'' He asked.

 ''I like them.'' Irissmoke smiled. ''And.. Acornkit, for the pale brown she-kit with a cream belly, and.. Bearkit, for the other she-kit?'' She asked.

 Deerleap blinked in surprise, then purred. She used the name I once suggested!

 ''They're beautiful names.'' Deerleap purred and nuzzled Irissmoke.

 Maplekit suddenly rushed in and padded towards Irissmoke. She looked at the kits and purred. ''They're so tiny and beautiful!''

 Irissmoke purred.

 Turtlepond, Ferretbounce, and Iceskin padded after and padded towards Irissmoke.

 ''They're so adorable.'' Iceskin purred. ''I'm happy for you, sister.''

 ''Thank you.'' Irissmoke smiled.

 ''Did you two already name them?'' Ferretbounce asked.

 Deerleap nodded. ''Featherkit, Coalkit, Acornkit, and Bearkit.'' He gestured towards each kit as he named them.

 ''Cute names.'' Turtlepond purred. 

 ''Thank you.'' Irissmoke purred.

 ''We should let her rest.'' Iceskin whispered. 

 Turtlepond nodded.

 ''I'll stay here, though. Maplekit has to sleep.'' Ferretbounce meowed.

 Iceskin and Turtlepond nodded and padded out of the nursery. Ferretbounce padded towards Maplekit's nest and sat down. The she-kit quickly padded after him.

 ''Our kits will be the bravest ShadowClan cats.'' Irissmoke whispered, purring.

 Deerleap nodded. ''I love you, Irissmoke.''

 ''I love you too, Deerleap.'' Irissmoke purred.

 Deerleap purred and looked at his kits. I promise to be a good father. I will always protect my kits, and I will never leave their side.