Prologue

@TheRussetNightingale and I have created this book together. Be prepared...
***

Blackstar's POV

I woke up in the fields of StarClan, somewhere I didn't expect to even go to. I looked around to see Spiderleg, Sandstorm, and Cloudtail all around, groggy and puzzled. We all stood up and glanced at each other. "Are we dead?" Sandstorm muttered and the rest of us shrugged.

Then, just as I took a step forward, Goosefeather and Ashfur appeared in front of us. Goosefeather sighed and gestured with his head for us to follow. "Bluestar would like to speak with us."

My fur stood on end but we all followed Goosefeather and Ashfur's starry pelts.

We traveled down a hill along a rocky path that was seemingly laid out just for us until we came to a glittering pool where Bluestar, Lionheart, and Firestar sat waiting.

"Welcome," Firestar meowed as he stood up. Dipping her head, Bluestar stood up as well. Lionheart gave all of us a warm and sorry look but didn't move.

"Are we dead? Why are we here?" Cloudtail growled, his head tilted in confusion. His fluffy tail flicked in fear and annoyance.

"No, no... Well sort of," Bluestar purred. She padded toward us with Firestar on her heels. Bluestar's gaze went serious.

"You six have done things worth punishment, and we've found out a perfect way to punish you. Not that you're evil, but this is a serious matter and needs to be done by someone eventually." Bluestar started. Firestar took over, "Far away, we've found that there are six Clans in need of help. They are herb addicts, mating addicts, mental, jerks, sassy, and unable to care," He closed his eyes for a brief heartbeat and shook his ginger head.

"You'll find out more when you get there. We are reincarnating you to separate Clans to punish you and to send you on a mission you'll never forget. Say goodbye to your kin, you're now dead to them." Firestar finished. His green eyes flooded with sorrow, but he said nothing more.

"What do you mean, we're dead to them? I'm leader of ShadowClan for StarClan's sake!" I gasped. Rage pulsed through my veins and all I wanted to do was rip the ears off of his head. "The Clans don't know you're spying, so be careful... You've now died of normal things, good luck." Bluestar meowed.

Sandstorm nuzzled with her mate while Spiderleg growled, "We didn't even get to say goodbye! What kind of punishment is this?"

"Oh, Spiderleg... You'll see. Don't you worry." Bluestar sighed without looking him in the eye. And with that, everything faded to black in mere heartbeats, and I soon woke up in a lonely place I came to realize as a living Dark Forest.