U

"Hey... Melissa?" 

You stood outside her door awkwardly, holding white plastic bags with two hands. Dressed casually, you waited for the thudding of footsteps on the white carpet.

Thud thud thud thudthudthud --

"Yowch!" Melissa opened the door with one hand, rubbing her ankle with another. "Oh hey YN! Why didn't you tell us you were coming over?" She exclaimed, opening the door wider for you to go through. 

"Sorry..." You sighed. "Is Ojisan here?" Sitting down on their couch, you placed the plastic bags on the table. 

"Yeah, he's working on something... DAD!" Your cousin whipped her head to where you assumed David Shield was.

"Yes?!" Came the muffled reply.

"SOMEONE IS HERE TO SEE YOU!" 

"Tell them I'm busy!"

"YN's HERE TO SEE YOU!"

"WHAT?!

You winced as you heard the sound of metal tools dropping on the floor, and the thudding of hurried footsteps. 

"YN, my niece!" The world famous scientist hugged you tightly. "Why don't you come over more often?" He let you go, to - you know, breathe?

"I came over, like, twelve days ago--" You started, before sighing. "Right, I bought --" 

You opened the plastic bags. "All the Ramune flavors, lots of Kit Kats, and what's more, these." Reaching inside the bag you swiftly threw a box in the air, and the three of you watched it spin, before if fell again, and you caught it proudly - holding the cardboard box in front of their faces. 

"TA-DA!!! Kracie Popin' Cookin' DIY candy, for old times sake!" 

Melissa gasped, tackling you in a hug. "You're the best, YN, I wish you were my sister!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"--ther invention! It'll help heroes in many ways!" Ojisan finished proudly, popping a strawberry daifukiu Kit Kat in him mouth.

"Oh! Right! I had something to say, really- about your Amusphere?" You chewed the DIY candy. So sweet.

"Ohh, Yn, did you try it? I have my own, but I'm experimenting on it!" Melissa took a swig of her second bottle of Ramune, chocolate flavored. 

Not weird at all.

"Yeah, but..." Your mind drifted off to everything that happened. "People started naked."

"Phhhppptt--!"

"WHAT?!"

The father and daughter duo looked at each other in horror, before leaning to you.

"Explain a bit more/ We need to fix that, quickly!" The two shouted in your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The snacks were almost gone, and the two where deep in thought.

"Ah hah! I know what I missed!" The older Shield snapped his fingers, before standing up and walking away. "I'll fix it now!"

Melissa swallowed another candy. 

"Wait, you weren't the only one with a special modified Amusphere!" Your cousin raised her voice, and a door burst open, slamming a book off a shelf. 

"DID ANYONE SEE YOU NAKED, IKOTO/ MEI?!?!" A frantic David Shield was suddenly shaking you by your shoulders. 

"LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE WAS ONLY TWO OTHER PEOPLE WHO RECEIVED AN EARLY AMUSPHERE- AND THEY WERE BOTH MALESSSS!"

"S-stop sh-sh-shaking m-me Ojisan--!" You were starting to see stars. "And no. There was no one else around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once you were back home in your apartment, you whipped out your phone, staring at the screen. Melissa had always called you a mischief maker, and she wasn't wrong. 

Should you text him as the girl he met or "By accident"?

Pulling a hair clip off, you flipped it, snatching it quickly while it was still airborne. The back.

Smirking, the lighting in the apartment room slightly dimmed, and the glowing yellow start button on the corner of you computer in the corner of you room seemingly glowed brighter.

"By accident it is, then."

Text messages with **********

Number added 9:33pm 

You:
Hey, Ito! Where's my goddamned food?! Did you steal it again?!
Ito!
Ito?
ITO!?
Daiki Ito, why are you not responding to my texts?

Sent 12:45am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smirking, you used your older brother figure's name and nodded happily to himself. Blackhead was probably in school, and you should be too. Wait. Why was Melissa at home then? She should be at school too...

Eh. Whatever.

Sighing, you placed your phone on your table and begun studying. 

Time passed, and the bright sun gradually got covered with clouds. Then the heavens opened, rain pouring loudly outside. It was short lived, however, as it quickly passed, no doubt at the hands of a scientist that needed to test an experiment in clear weather. 

They rarely used the Weather Changer Dust, which was sprinkled from a plane high in the clouds, that dissolved to clouds to nothing.

The sun was touching the horizon, so you looked at your phone expectantly. 

Either Blackhead was at the arcade with his friends or he was too scared to text back. Pussy.

Throwing yourself on your bed you were about to flick open Netfix, before you hit yourself with a bunch of self-regret. You didn't buy QuackDonalds! 

Deep in your thoughts, your phone pinged and you threw it up in the air.

"WaaAh?!"

Fumbling to catch it, you smacked your hands together catching it by a corner. 

"Phew--aAcK!!"

It slipped.

And fell in your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Text messages with **********

Number added 9:33pm

You:
Hey, Ito! Where's my goddamned food?! Did you steal it again?!
Ito!
Ito?
ITO!?
Daiki Ito, why are you not responding to my texts?

Seen just now

********** is typing...