Chapter 30

I tapped my foot quickly as the cab drove slowly towards the hospital in London. By slow, I mean the speed limit... But that is insanely slow! Like 50 kilometers per hour! Which is slow when you are in a hurry!

I push my hair out of my eyes and pay the driver before practically jumping out of the cab. "Keep the change!" I shout, running through the automatic doors of London Bridge Hospital {A/N: Yes. That is a real hospital...}.

"I need to see Thomas Sangster," I say to the receptionist.

She looks up at me with a smirk on her face. "Yeah? Well, so do all those young ladies over there. So, unless you can prove you are dear to him personally, I'm afraid you'll have to join the rest."

I click my tongue as I think. Texts are a no, those could be from anyone. Pictures are a no, she'd say they were photoshopped... I groan and place my head in my hand.

"Emmalyn?" I hear someone say. I snap my head up and am greeted by the familiar face of Ava Sangster.

"That's my proof!" I say, pointing to her.

"What?" Ava asks.

"She won't let me see him..." I grumble.

"Er... Why?"

"She thinks I'm another fan. Isn't that right, Receptionist Lady?"

"That's correct. Although, I don't appreciate being referred to as 'Receptionist Lady'," she says pointedly at me.

"You didn't tell me your name!" I argue.

"Ma'am, she's with me. It's alright," Ava says, pulling me down a hallway towards an elevator.

"5th floor, room 512," she says, pushing the '5' on the elevator.

"You not coming?" I ask.

"No, I was just leaving. Besides, the two of you might want some alone time when he wakes up," she says with a wink as the elevator door closes.

It's a short ride but I REALLY should've taken the stairs... Why? Tasha.... She glares at me through narrowed eyes. "You..." She hissed.

"Yes. Me," I grumble.

"Go home. You're not wanted here."

"Maybe by you. Your son would beg to differ."

"He doesn't love you. He never truly did. I'm sorry that you had to find out this way, darling."

"It's funny how you think I believe you."

She snarls at me and pokes a finger at me. "I despise you. Never forget that. You are a horrid human being in my eyes no matter what any other person says! In all honesty, I wish it would've been you instead of him in that car. And I wish the wreck would've been a bit more, shall we say, grand," she concludes, pushing past me to get on the elevator.

"The feeling is mutual," I grumble after the doors close. God, I hate that woman...

I shake my thoughts away and walk down the hall, pushing open the door to Thomas's room. My eyes widen, "Holy shit...." I mumble, looking around the room. It looks as if a flower shop threw up... Hundreds of bouquets are laid around the room. "At least we won't be short of decorations..." I say, picking up a bouquet of Lilies from Ki Hong.

I let myself look over at the boy asleep in the hospital bed. His hair was disheveled, a scar ran across his forehead and over one of his eyebrows, and his left foot was elevated. I clicked my tongue and moved the flowers from the chair. "God, I can't leave you alone for three days without you almost killing yourself, now can I?" I say quietly.

He shifts uncomfortably whilst a look of discomfort comes across his features. I took his hand, making tiny circles on his scarred knuckles. "You really need to wake up... It's weird talking to you when you're out. I feel like a stalker in some weird way... If you heard that, don't start questioning it when you wake up."

I swear I see a faint smile come across his lips before it disappears again. "You dreaming or can you actually hear me? Tap twice of you can hear me." A few seconds later his other hand taps twice against his stomach as a smirk over takes his lips.

"You're awake, aren't you?" I grumble.

He smiles faintly and opens his eyes slowly. "I didn't want to speak to my mother. I assumed if you were here, then she wasn't," he says weakly.

"Yes, I passed her on my way here. We spoke just long enough to say she wanted me dead before going out separate ways."

"That's a tad harsh..."

"You think?"

He chuckles lightly. "How was the wedding?"

"There wasn't one. The bride decided that maybe Hale wasn't right and went to screw some other guy," I say.

"Don't you ever do that or I will personally murder you," he warns.

"You'll have to beat your mother to that."

"Oh, please, I'm 26 and she's like 50. I think the odds are a bit more in my favor."

"I think she is a bit quicker considering she doesn't have a broken foot, Sangster."

He rolls his eyes and places a hand over my mouth. "Shut up, love. I don't care about your logic!" He shouts sarcastically.

I smirk and he can see it in the smug expression in my eyes. I stick my tongue out and lick his hand. He pulls it away and glares at me before wiping his hand on my jeans.

"Why are you wiping it in me?!" I shout.

He shrugs. "It's your saliva."

I huff and shake my head. "You're ridiculous."

"It's rather adorable how you think I mind, Emmalyn."

I roll my eyes. "Screw you..."

"I wouldn't mind," he mumbles.

"I swear to God, if you weren't hurt I would beat you with those roses!"

He snickered and stuck his tongue out at me in the most adorable way possible. He smiled and brought my hand up to his lips and kissed my knuckles gently. "I love you..."

"Yeah... Yeah. Whatever..." I grumble, quietly. "I love you too..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello, people! I'm back of you can't tell. Sorry it's been a while but I've had a busy week and yeah... Well, on other notes... THIS HAS 9,000 READS! Like HOLY SHITAKI MUSHROOMS!!!!! Updates might still me a bit slow because 1. I'm in the middle of Ouran Host Club... It's rather good. 2. I have to study for a stupid test over the stock exchange... =/ 3. I have a slight addiction to Trivia Crack. One of the best games I've played in a while. And 4. Basketball. I have three games this week. All away. I feel hate basketball.... Well thanks for reading! Comment/vote!! -med_01

QOTC: Some people have said that I should make this a series or add a sequel. Should I? Yes or No? If yes, what should happen?

My answer: I'm letting you decide.