Chapter 24

Two weeks after the whole Ringo ordeal, my phone starts ringing loudly at, like, four in the morning. I sleepily prop myself up on my elbow to look at the screen. Hale. What the hell does he want at four in the morning?!

I groan and lay back down. I grab my phone, ignore the call, and turn down it in silent. It goes dark, only to light up again with a text message.

H: What the hell, Taylor?

E: It is four in the f-ing morning here! I was asleep!

H: Oh. Lol. Oops. Call me when you wake up.

E: You already have me up. What do you want?

H: You.

E: I am across the damn ocean and you wake me up for a booty call?!

H: Joking, Taylor. I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't be too pleased if I wasn't.

E: True. Now, seriously, wtf do you want?

H: I'm getting married.

E: Hey now. Five minutes ago you were asking for it. Now your getting married? Dude, you have a weird logic.

H: I'm rolling my eyes at you...

E: Are you seriously getting married?

H: Yup.

E: To whom?

H: 1. Who uses whom in a text!? 2. You know her.

E: 1. ME! THAT IS WHOM! 2. Thanks for narrowing it down to about fifty females.

H: She's your friend.

E: You're marrying your sister?! That is gross!

H: I am not marrying my sister!

E: Good. She's too good for you. Who then?

H: Abbi :)

E: Daww

H: You're a bridesmaid.

E: Thanks for asking for my consent....

H: You're welcome. Your dress has been ordered.

E: You know my size?

H: Lily does.

E: Okay then...

H: That's all I wanted. Your invitation will be arriving soon. Night, Taylor.

E: G'night.

I lay my phone back down. Holy... Hale is getting married... I sigh heavily and push my hair back. I lay down and stare at the ceiling, attempting to find sleep again.

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up at nine to the smell of something burning. I rush downstairs and into the kitchen. Thomas is waving smoke away from the toaster and coughed heavily.

"What the hell?" I cough.

"I burnt the toast...." he grumbles.

"How the ... Whatever," I grumble. I grab a rag and wave the smoke away. "I can't believe you lack the capability to make toast," I mumble.

"This is why I let you cook," he says and playfully pats my cheek.

I scowl at him. "You are a piece of work, you know?"

"I am aware of it, yes... Don't act like you don't love me though."

"Don't push it. The whole child thing really throws everything off."

He looks down at his feet and shifts uncomfortably. "I'm sorry for not telling you...."

"It's... whatever. It's not like there aren't things I haven't kept from you..." I mumble, turning to make a new batch of toast.

Thomas grabs me by the elbow. "What?" He demands.

"There ARE somethings you don't know," I say, shrugging.

"Like?" He presses.

"Um.... What do you wanna know?" I ask, hopping on the counter.

"First kiss?"

"Hale when I was 14," I say after a few moments.

"First boyfriend?"

"Hale.... He was a lot of my firsts."

"Meaning..." he trailed off, leaving me to connect the dots I hoped he wouldn't have connected.

"Yes..." I mumble quietly.

"Wow..." he murmurs, running a hand through his hair. "Who's better? Me or him?"

I scowl at him. "Did we do something and I don't remember?"

"Nope," he says, popping the 'P'.

I sat there quietly for a while, thinking. Then it hits me... "Oh! N-no. No. No, no, no."

He frowns and places a hand on either side of me, leaning on close. The tips of our noses are touching and I have to strain to focus on his eyes. "Why not, love?" He whispers.

"Because...."

"Because why?"

"I don't wanna...."

He pushes back. "Oh my God!" He says through fits of laughter.

"What?" I ask, slightly confused. One minute he's trying to seduce me and now he's in a fit of laughter in the middle of our kitchen...

"Just the way you said that! You sounded like my sister when she was five!"

I scowl. "I sounded like a five year old?"

"I didn't mean it that way, love. I just meant that you sounded rather adorable."

"Thanks. I don't try to be adorable. It just happens," I say, grabbing a piece of toast from the toaster and hopping off the counter, walking out the front door with Paris on a leash not far behind me.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: I don't know what was supposed to happen with this chapter.... But whatever happened happened. So, yeah, that just happened. So did all those happens. They just happened as well. I'm going to stop now. Thanks for reading! Comment/vote! -med_01

QOTC: How should this end?