Chapter 20

*1year later*

I stepped out of the London airport. Yeah, I was finally persuaded to move in with him... I sold my Louisiana house and everything else that I wouldn't take with me. Paris stops down at my feet and thumps her tail on the ground. I tug my jacket tighter around me. I shiver slightly. "It is cold here!" I shout as Thomas stands next to me.

"It is not that bad, love," he says, smirking at me lightly.

"Yes, it is! And where is the sun?!"

"Behind the clouds somewhere... Besides, it's just cold because you are used to Louisiana's horrid heat."

I scowl at the sidewalk as Thomas waves down a taxi. He opens the trunk of the yellow cab and helps me put the suitcases in the trunk. Thomas holds the door open for Paris and I before he gets in himself. He tells the cabbie the address before leaning back against the leather seats.

I am stunned into silence at the state of his house. It's a two-story brick house with a porch extending across the front of the house.

The cabbie pulls into the driveway. Thomas opens the door and starts unloading the bags. Paris jumps out after I step out. Thomas has to repeatedly wave a hand in front of my eyes to get me to snap to attention. He chuckles as a pink rises to my face.

He leads me inside. "Holy-" I trail off.

"Like it?" He says with a smirk as he stands behind me.

I nod looking around the foyer. He chuckles and pulls me and my bags upstairs. He places them inside the door and takes my hand. "Time for the grand tour, love."

I smile faintly and intertwine our fingers. He takes me back downstairs. "This is the foyer. The living room is to the right and the dining room is to the left. Here is the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom is down the hall along with a bedroom, which I thought you might like as your office. Would you like to see it?"

I nodded quickly. I've been working on a novel for the past few months or so and I've been getting tired of typing at my kitchen counter. He leads me down the hall into a decent sized room with walls painted in a dark red color. A mahogany desk is positioned near the wall with a matching bookshelf next to a big window overlooking the backyard. My jaw drops. I hug him as tightly as I can with one arm. "It's amazing, Thomas. I love it. Thank you."

"Of course, love. You, of all people, deserve it," he whispers, kissing the top of my head gently. I smile against his skin and peck his cheek lightly before pulling away. I smirk at the pink blush on his cheeks, knowing I caused it. Gosh, you would've thought that after dating so long he would've gotten used to me kissing him.

He clears his throat. "So, uh, upstairs now?" He asks.

"Oh, yeah, sure." He takes me back up the stairs. He shows me upstairs bathroom, another bedroom, and finally the master. The walls are painted a light grey. A queen sized bed with a black bed spread is placed against the wall. A few pictures are hung against the wall above the bed. A large closet is through one doorway and the master bath is through another. "Wow," is all I can muster as I look around.

"Thanks. My sister, Ava, helped me design it."

"I have yet to meet this Ava that you speak of."

"Well, she and my parents are coming over for dinner tomorrow evening."

Oh dear God.... My face flushes. I see it in the mirror above the dresser. Thomas sees it too. He crouches down in front of me as I sit down on the edge of the bed. "Love? Are you okay?" He frets, worry evident in his voice.

I shake my head. "Your parents? Really? What if they don't like me?!"

"But, Emmalyn, what if they love you? And their vision of you doesn't change mine. You do realize that, don't you?" He asks, taking my slightly smaller hands in his.

"Yeah..."

"Then don't worry about it! They have no reason to hate you. You are an amazing woman and they will see that."

"You better be right."

"When have I ever lied to you?" I start to open my mouth but he holds his hands up. "Actually, don't answer that."

"Good idea."

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yeah. I know. Major time skip. But I ran out of ideas.... But. DUH DUH DUH!!!!! The parents! =O What will they have to say about our lovely British boy dating a 'filthy' American? Thanks for reading! Comment/vote/follow! -med_01