32 | Cavalry

The giant venue was empty, completely empty compared to the night before when it was full of screaming boys and girls, the Nct 127 members were all sitting on the stage, Hendery sitting with them.

Eunji was standing in the middle of the floor space waiting, Sunwoo had gone to fetch Rowoon at his station and tried to explain as much of the story back to him as he could even understand, Rowoon wasn't so lenient on Eunji's big idea but eventually caved in. 

The members spoke amongst themselves not knowing what was going to happen, they were all discussing the matter not being able to get enough information for Hendery to be able to piece things together, The door to the large venue pushed open and the members furrowed their eyebrows.

The chief of police they knew as Rowoon came stomping in, the girl who had talked to the members beside him, now that Eunji looked at them now she had no trouble admitting what a power couple they were but now wasn't the time.

Sunwoo has followed as well, another person following behind him, he was being held by another police officer, hands cuffed behind his back, Eunji's heart skipped a beat looking at the male she had left behind one too many times, but there was also another person that the members didn't know, Eunji tensed seeing her father walk in through those doors as angrily as always, Eunjis figure softened seeing the last guest, the members grew even more confused.

"The cavalry has arrived" Gina joked making Eunji smile and shake her head.

...

"How did he even get out of custody?" Eunji asked pushing herself up onto the stage the members once were, they were now in the changing rooms with Aurora, Eunji didn't think the members had to be apart of this.

"He bribed the driver when he was being transported to the state prison, You were the first person I called after
I had found out that the driver was found dead" Rowoon explained and Eunji winced looking to the side and nodded.

"So this was never about the members, this was about you, all of it, Luhan had Hendery's father thinking that these performers will be the cause of his downfall, taking advantage of his paranoia.

It was about you? What the hell could you have done to ever piss him off so bad to go this far?"Sunwoo tried to wrap his mind around it all thinking out loud for once, he wasn't so quiet anymore having had enough of this stupid goose chase, Eunji didn't say a thing trying to think about what she did wrong and who she crossed, their we're too many times and too many people.

"It's mainly my fault" Lay had spoken standing behind Eunji, the guard had been sent off to tend to the members with Aurora so Lay was free to walk by himself but his handcuffs were also still on, Eunji looked at him and they exchanged a look.

They didn't notice the burning gaze of her father who was only contacted because they needed his presence to authorise Lays release for this certain situation, he was supposed to go back straight away but a year was deducted from his sentence if he had helped them.

"When I was working undercover I was assigned to infiltrate and report back but I was also told to discover the identity of Wong's son, what I didn't know was that they had someone pose as Wong's son while the actual one was somewhere moonwalking on a stage" Eunji stopped taking a look at Hendery who only shrugged no offended at all, he had no part in his fathers business, the only thing connecting them was blood.

"Luhan was this poser, he took on the role and had me believing exactly what they wanted everyone else to believe" Eunji scoffed, how could she be so stupid. Even though she had seen Wong only a few times there was no resemblance what so ever and looking at Hendery made her feel even more stupider.

"They had me believing it for so long, I eventually tried to get close to him but was pulled out after finally finding out he wasn't, he found out that was leaking information, I wasn't too sure what else he knew but that was also one of the reasons why I had to fake my death as Song Fei" Eunji explained, Everyone nodded along trying to grasp onto the information, Hendery shrugged knowing about that plan.

"So what does this story have to do with you?" Rowoon asked his voice sceptical, there was a harsh undertone laced in his voice though.

"Before she faked her death I had caught him stalking her, he's quite the creep, he eventually found out about her real identity and planned to out her but couldn't without revealing to everyone that he wasn't Wong's actual son.

Most of the members of Wong's business knew him as the real son of Wong and once he revealed he wasn't related to him his immunity would instantly be ripped up and he had crossed more people than he could count of both hands and feet so he stayed quiet" Lay spoke making everyone furrowed their eyebrows, revenge was always the motive nowadays, no one could ever get over anything.

"He had tried killing me himself once but it ended up in him needing seventeen stitches, a nose job and three broken ribs" Eunji sighed remembering the first time she had ever physically fought someone until one of them almost died.

The room fell silent and everyone tried to come to terms with this new information, Sunwoo was sitting on the venue floor watching as all these people had trouble understanding, Rowoon nodded not trusting his words, Lay sighed reminiscing on his past, Eunjis father didn't say anything his eyes staring daggers into Lay and Gina clapped pursing her lips and spoke next.

"So whats the plan manager?"