17 | Wake Up Call

That night I couldn't sleep , I was happy , well as happy as you can be under the circumstances.
I was sitting outside on a beach chair , watching the wind slowly crash into itself and bubble onto the shore.
Taking the blanket that was wrapped around me off I started walking down the stairs and kept walking until my feet met the water.

It made my whole body shiver and i instantly retreated into the shore close by , sitting on the soft sand watching the moon light reflect off the ocean , it was pretty.

"Pretty , Isn't it Jaehyun" I said to the person who was standing not too far behind me , not knowing if we were looking in the same direction he stopped., I could hear the moving of the sand as he walked.

"Yeah , Really pretty" He said taking more steps until he was standing up beside me looking out onto the peaceful sea. I glanced up at him momentarily before leaning back onto my hands.

"How'd you know it was me?" He said taking a seat beside me , his leg brushing up against mine.

"Everyone else is asleep and Donghyuck and Mark who were awake were complaining about how cold it was outside" I said smiling at the other and lying down looking at the stars.

The slight breathing that left his mouth mixed in with the silent crashes of the ocean , I felt a weird sense of calmness, the sand moved as he laid down , I could feel his gaze on the side of his face and I turned to look at him.

"Wanna go swimming?" I said watching his gaze leave my eyes , trying to break the tension.

"Wanna get sick?" He smiled as we continued looking at each other, I averted my gaze at the twinkling stars before sitting up.

"Yes" I decided getting up and running into the after until it was up to my waist , I flinched at the coldness almost regretting my decision.

Jaehyun was sitting up and watching me confused as to why I was acting this way.

"Come on , Its fucking cold but it feels great" I laughed sitting down , I was wearing my pyjama gear which were a pair of shirts and a singlet, I started treading water in my spot the sea floor just under my feet.

Jaehyun sat there staring at me his eyes twinkling like the stars , he was debating about it in his head and I knew I won him over .

He sighed and stood up taking his shirt off, It's not a sin to stare right? My eyes glanced over his scar and noticed how it was barely bruised . He pulled his shirt over his head before dropping it and running after me as I swam deeper .

The water lapped over my shoulders and I shivered stopping in my place and waiting for him to catch up.

He started freestyle swimming and I wiped my face as he splashed me once he swam in front of me.

"We're gonna get sick" He sang while pushing his hair back and wiping the water out of his face. I smiled nonetheless agreeing with him.

"So , Why are you up still?" I said swimming closer until we were right in front of each other.

"Couldn't sleep , You?" He smiled looking at at the sky momentarily, I followed his direction and looked at how big the moon seemed to be.