the boy who admires sunflowers . nishinoya yuu

Почніть із самого початку

you pushed the thoughts away and decided that you were going to cross the bridge when he arrived. 

but he never did.

— 

“alright! bye y/n!” your boss called out from the cash counter with a wide grin. you returned the expression and waved with both your hands as you walked backwards to the open entrance. “i’ll send you a text about your schedule later on since school’s gonna be starting.” 

you nodded and laughed. “thank you! i really enjoyed spending most of my summer here!”

you were given one last wave and then you turned around, a bright smile on your face despite the rather upsetting outcome of your last day of ‘summer’ in the flower shop. the boy who admired sunflowers never came and you couldn’t help but beat yourself up about it. you missed an opportunity and it sure stung. though it did teach you to take the chances presented to you as you never know when it’ll suddenly disappear. 

shaking your head, you pushed the thoughts away and gently cupped your cheeks. 

it was a small meaningless crush, you reminded yourself, nothing to get upset about because literally nothing happened. 

you inhaled and nodded, feeling much better and ready to head home. though as soon as you took your first step to the left you were immediately pushed to the ground and landed on your bum. 

“AAAA I’M SO SORRY I DIDN’T MEAN TO DO THAT!! I WAS RUNNING TOO FAST!!!” somebody shrieked, piercing your ears which brought you much more pain than being shoved down did. you cringed and cupped your ears, looking up at the person who was hovering over you with panic being the only thing on his face. 

your cheeks flushed at the sight of the boy who came to admire sunflowers. the boy who was in your mind the whole day and the boy you wanted to see so badly.

this was the first time he’s ever spoken to you. 

“i’m sososososososo sorry!” he exclaimed, straightening up suddenly and extending both his arms to you so you could grab whichever hand you felt like, “i wasn’t looking! i was distracted! i’m sorry!” 

you laughed sheepishly and took a hold of his hand, reminding yourself to take the chances that were presented to you as you didn’t want to lose sight of the boy again. “it’s fine,” you reassured him, giving his hand a squeeze as soon as you stood straight with your feet planted onto the ground. you let go and then gave him a wide smile, his heart skipping a beat and his cheeks flushing a much deeper red than it already was. “i’m l/n f/n,” you introduced simply, courage finding you when you needed it, “what’s your name?”

he was taken back with the sudden introduction but didn’t mind it, finding you quite interesting right off the bat. usually people would freak out about being totaled to the ground and probably would have given him an earful about it. but you didn’t. you took the hands he offered, gave him a reassuring squeeze and smiled brightly. you were beautiful, much like the sunflowers he came to visit every weekend. he wondered if you came here to visit them too. 

“i’m nishinoya yuu!” he told you brightly, a small shakiness in his voice, “i— uh— i come here to look at the sunflowers every weekend and i was running a bit late. the shop closes around now and i wanted one last look before summer was coming to an end.” he shyly rubbed the back of his neck and laughed sheepishly. “do you come to look at them too?”

you laughed and tilted your head to the side, not entirely sure what you wanted to tell him. a part of you wanted to be cheesy but another opted for a more straightforward response. should you just tell him you’ve seen him every weekend and wanted to talk to him? or should you muster up some sort of sweet pick up line?

“that was a weird thing to ask,” he quickly added, waving his arms in front of him to dismiss the question he asked, “f-forget i asked! it was weird to make an assumption like that— i mean— we just met a-and all…” he turned away, his eyes facing the shop to settle on the sunflowers that were still displayed outside as the shop was still open. for the first time he actually looked deeper into the store and noticed all the other flowers inside as well as the owner at the cash register who sported the brightest smile. he suddenly felt even more embarrassed knowing there was an audience. 

“i work here, actually,” you told him, his head turning to face you with a shocked expression. 

“o-oh! you do?” 

you nodded and nishinoya noticed the blush that was forming on your cheeks and spreading to the tips of your ears. “i see you every weekend but i’ve kinda just been too shy to say hello… but i’m glad you bumped into me today. i was going to say hi today and you didn’t show up.” you let out a shy giggle and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. “kinda decided that i was going to take all the chances i’ve got now.” 

he found himself smiling from ear to ear at your words, his heart swelling at your sweet confession. it was innocent, maybe even trivial if someone else were to hear it, but it meant the world to him. there was something about being admired and having someone want to talk to you that brought a warm fuzzy feeling to him that wasn’t from the summer heat.

“that’s really sweet,” he spoke up, giggling cutely, “it’s good to live by that! i’ll start taking all the chances i’ve got now too! so what do you say? let’s grab some ice cream together!”

you could only smile, laughing delightedly. "sure!"