Chapter Five: White

~Jason's POV~
It's been two days since the explosion that killed the Fentons and injured Daniel Todd. To say I was mad was an understatement, we couldn't even find the cause of the explosion and were supposed to call ourself some of the world greatest detectives.

Currently I was on my way to the hospital to check on Danny, I know theirs a slim chance I will be there when he wakes up but I've still got to make sure the little dudes okay.

We had moved Daniel to one of the Hospitals in Gotham, the more civil part of Gotham obviously. Richards been fussing at me telling me I need to get more sleep, but I've been fighting with Danny's assigned social worker for custody. Bruce has already agreed saying that Danny can stay at the manor and can move in with me if he wants after my apartment is done being remodeled.

Although most days I've been moody with no end today I had something to smile about. Danny's social worker said he can stay with me when he wakes up but when he's recovered he gets to choose.

You may be wondering "choose?" Between who? Well it's me and this weird guy who says he was friends with the Fentons. He also has been fighting me in court, his name is Vlad Master and I knew the second I laid eyes on that creep that I want letting him near my little brother.

Vlad was, how do I say this? Disturbing. Yeah that sound like the right word, he had white hair and a goatie and trust me if ya know ya know. He reminded me of most of the rich people I've met, he wore a black and white suit straightening his tie every couple of minutes.

But enough of that I thought as I parked into the hospital parking lot, it was time to visit my little brother. I walked into the hospital and was greeted with the usual nurse who pointed me toward Danny's room knowing who I was going to go see.

As I entered Danny's room my smile faltered and I looked down at the small twelve-year-old. I'm going, to be honest, he..he looked awfully he was covered in white bandages from his waist down. His left foot was in a cat and his right wrist had been broken and wrapped tightly. He had an iv in his arm and a nourishment tube going up his nose and down his throat. His head lasted on the soft pillow eyes fluttered close, his left arm slight out of the covers and even from here you could see the light lace of scars visible.

I remember the call and pictures we had gotten from the hospital about Danny's overwhelming amount of scars. My hand clenched in anger as I remembered the conversation Bruce and he had as they had examined the pictures from the hospital.

~Flash back~

He, Bruce and Dick were in Bruce's study as they looked at the pictures of the scars all over Danny's torso, legs, arms, and neck. "Th..theres s-so ma...many" I chocked on my own words heart aching at the painful slashes that littered his back.

Dick picked up the pictures of Danny's arms and said "We can do this....We've felt with cases of self harm before" That's when I noticed some of the scars on his arms seemed to be self in flicked line after line. "But there not just self inflicted, Dick!" I said Dick took his first glance at the other pictures, eyes widening. Jason could see Bruce's eyes were glued on the picture of Danny's back, before saying "Something happened to this boy, several times, something bad, and part of me doesn't want to know" he said the last part with a grimace.

Dick just said "It will be okay we will get our answers when Danny's ready and up" we all nodded but I said "What if he won't?" Bruce put on his bat face and said "he will" before walking away.

~end of flash back~

I sat on a chair by Danny's bedside and started taking randomly "Hey, Danny! It's your big brother! I know you probably can't hear me but if you can I just want to let you know everything gonna is okay. When you wake up you can meet my adopted brothers.

There's Richard he's kind of the perfect kid but he takes care of us like the good big brother he is, when I first moved into the major me and Dick head didn't get along but now we've got a strong bond. Then there's Tim he's around the age your sister was he's a certified genius, literally ask him and he might even show you the certificate. Then there's Damian but I call him demon the kid had it rough but he's getting better more social interaction, but he can be a pain ya know? He's only a year older than you, who knows maybe you will get along"

When I finished my rant I got up and started walking toward the door after whispering softly to him "I can't wait to have you at the Wayne manor little brother"

I was about to close the door behind me when I hear a soft grunt and the shuffle of sheets.

~Dannys POV~

Everything aches my whole body feels as though it's been hit by a truck that reversed and ran me over again three times just for the heck of it.

I could distantly hear a voice, but sadly I didn't recognize it as one of my friends or family. But only did I start to panic when I opened my eyes and was blinded by white.

No

I just escaped a week ago how could they have gotten me back? The voice started to grow distant and for that I was thankful. But then I did the stupidest thing I tried to move, rustling of the covers was my punishment.

Wait. Covers?

That's when I also felt the soft bed under neath me. The GIW never gave me a bed, they wouldn't waste such supplies on a monster. I adjusted my position now aware that this couldn't be the GIW, to stare straight in to the eyes of a man.

His eyes reminded me of my own and when I could see the white in his hair I immediately recognized him as one of the tourist in amity. He slowly approached my bed but stopped when he could see me physically lean away. But said

"Hey my names Jason Todd"

Jason Todd? Jason Todd. We're had I heard that before? But then it all came rushing back to me.

The lunch. The adopted reveal. The big brother. The cal to Sam. The ghost senses. The evil smirk of my worst enemy. then nothing.

He continued talking "Danny you may or may not know but I'm your older biological brother. There was an accident in Amity your going to be staying with me and my family, that is if you would like to?"

I had so many questions like, how's my town? Where am I? And is my family ok?

But all those questions were slumped off when suddenly the pain returned of all my injury's and I closed my eyes in pain. I nodded at my brother feeling that I would be safe with him and his family, or at least something familiar.

A soft whine in pain escaped my lips and Jason must have noticed because I felt the bed slump and two both arms envelope me in a protective hold. I leaned on to his chest and my face scrunched up, squirming slightly.

I heard more foot steps enter the room but toned them out as I felt something sharp inject in  to my arm, and my body go slack.

But part of me wanted to stay awake because I was scared. I know I'm a hero I'm supposed to be fearless and perfect but you see when you fear losing those closest and to have none of them near can really cause an inner panic.

So I slowed my thoughts, I really hated being a Halfa sometimes because then the two sides of you have to fall asleep so you can be thinking and hav stout ghost half awake as your human half rests.

It's was like being a prisoner to yourself never escaping the unbearable truth. The walls of your cell are white and I hate white, my cell at the GIW was white. The hallways they dragged me through were white, death was an end and it was represented by white.

And when you think of death you see the ones who you failed to save reminding you everyday that your not a hero.

No your a fake.

This was my last thought as the drug finally took affect on my ghost half and then almost as if the world was mocking me everything went white.

Wow don't know who's reading this sucky book. But I hoped you enjoyed anyway! Sincerely - L