I turned around but kept my head bowed.

"Mr. Minami-san, what brings you here?" My father asked.

"I have a favor to ask. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"I'm leaving the country for business and I don't have anyone to watch my son. I was hoping you could. I won't be gone long."

"Well, I-"

"I'd also like to ask that you train him like you train your son. Your son is very well behaved and quiet. Mine could use manners like that. I'll pay whatever amount is necessary."

"A million and it's done." My father said.

"Deal."

I peaked up through my eyelashes to see a man standing with a young boy by his side. The boy had to be my age or a little older.

"Jun this is Mr. Takahasi-san and his son Ryu. You'll be staying with them for a while and you'll be doing the same training as Ryu."

The boy, Jun, nodded his head. He then looked at me and I cast my eyes back down to the floor. I wanted to warn him. Wanted to warn his father.

But doing so would've cost me, so I didn't. I stood there as the skin on my back began to welt from father's hits.

This kid had no idea what he was in for. None at all.

**End Flashback**

Aria looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Many think that my father just trained me, but he didn't. He trained Jun. Jun wasn't trained as long as I was, but it was long enough for him to pick up quite a few of the same skills that I have. Jun is the only other person who knows how harsh my father's training was."

"What happened to him?" Aria asked.

"He stayed about a month and a half. His father came back for him after that and took him home. I didn't see him again until I was twelve. My father wanted to showcase my skills in order to get more clients, more people to pay for their men to be trained. He took me to an underground fighting ring. Wanted me to fight some grown ass man. I managed to take out two, before Jun stepped into the ring. Told me that he wanted to fight me."

"Did you?"

I nodded. "Oh yeah. If I didn't, my father would've beat me when we got home. The second the bell rang, Jun attacked me. Three minutes later, he was down. I had managed to grab a knife off one of the spectators and cut Jun up a little. Got him across the ribs, on his leg, and on his face. My father made seventy million that night."

Aria shook her head. "That's horrible."

"I haven't seen Jun since. He was in the hospital for a while and then heard that he and his father moved out of the country."

"What would be so bad about seeing him?"

"There are some...gaps in my memory. Blank spots. Thanks to a couple of my father's..... punishments. That being said, I don't remember if Jun was there when my father forced me to get this tattoo." I said pointing at me neck.

"You don't remember if Jun knows you have them. That means you don't know if he knows that you're Akuma."

"Precisely. I could never..... get rid of him because I didn't know where he was. Didn't know if he changed his name, remembered me, or anything."

"Did he see you the other day?"

"I don't know. I'm not even sure it was him that I saw."

"If he knows that you're Akuma and he hold a grudge against you...."

"Yeah. He could expose me to everyone hunting me."

"What are you going to do?"

I shrug. "Haven't figured that out yet. Easiest thing is to find him and kill him. I don't want to do that though if he doesn't remember me or know, but....."

"But you can't risk it." She said.

"Yeah. It's not worth putting you at risk to be in the middle of a potential war."

She scooted forward, uncrossed my legs, and moved to sit in between them. She got as close as she could to me and grabbed my face in her hands.

"Listen to me. I want you to do whatever you need to do. If you need to hunt him down and kill him then do it. If you need to leave him he and see what happens then do that. Whatever you do, I won't question it or argue. Whatever you need me to do I'll do it. All I ask is that you don't get hurt. Don't do anything that's going to bring up things you don't want to remember.  Don't do anything that is going to cause mental harm to yourself. And you have to come back home every night. Promise me. Double pinky promise me." She said holding up both little fingers.

I hooked my fingers with hers and pressed my forehead against hers.

"I promise." I said before kissing her. 

Hunting Akuma (Book Two of The Yakuza Series) (✔️)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें