AAO | BookOfFirsts | 18

Start from the beginning

In the midst of her silent prayer, Benji came back to the truck, and knocked on her window. After letting a deep sigh escape her mouth, she opened the doors to see him waiting for her. The fright was evident as she didn't say a word to him and stared of blankly.

"You ready?" Benji asked as he helped her out from the truck. Layton only nodded her head as she went for her purse and made her way to the plane. As she got closer, her feet began to drag. "You nervous?"

"Yes. I've never been on a plane before." She spoke as she stared back at the private plane in front of her right now. Benji sighed and placed his hands at each sides of her hips and guided her body up the stairs.

"Shit is crazy, just a few months ago I hadn't either. It's a first time for everything though," he said with a slight shrug as they got on the plane. Layton went for a seat on the sofa and then fastened her seatbelt. Benji laughed at just how scared she was as he took the seat next to her, fastening himself in. "You ain't gotta be scared. Once we in the air, it's smooth until we land." He said sarcastically and fired up a blunt. 

"Wanna hit this bih?" Benji offered to Layton in the effort of calming her down. The marijuana he'd had in his system prior to his first plane ride helped him, so he was trying to let it help her too. It would calm and relax her mind to ease the frightened feelings.

"I don't smoke," she retorted, shutting him down.

"Ian' ask you that. I asked if you wanna hit this? It's gone calm yo ass down a lil bit. C'mere." He said to her and then held the blunt out for her. Layton could only stare at it before she finally took it from him.

"I don't even know what I'm doing," she said. This wasn't the same type of blunt, she'd smoked before with him. Especially after a while, she felt like she  never smoked before. Yes, she had indeed smoked with him a few times, but this moment she felt like a whole new beginner. In addition to him watching her as she smoked something this big. She needed a refresher on how to not lull herself while doing it.

"Just pull, inhale, hold it, and release. Watch this," Benji took the blunt back from her and then went to demonstrate it for her. Layton observed him and the way her inhaled, and even how he held it in prior to releasing it. He was now an experienced smoker, so he did a little something extra to show out before he handed the elephant finger back over to her to try.

Layton put the blunt up to her lips, doing exactly as he'd told her too. As soon as she inhaled, she had to let go and it resulted in a series of coughing. Layton felt a burning feelin' in her throat and chest as water started to form in her eyes. Benji sat up in his seat.

"You good?" He asked in amusement while patting her on the back to make sure she was alright.

"That hurts," she mumbled while holding her chest.

"That's some good shit. One mo time," he smirked. Layton sighed and went on to attempt again doing a lot better this time. She did what he'd told her and it felt a lot better than the first time. She did it without coughing and the burning feeling wasn't that bad.

"Buckle up, we're getting ready for take off." They heard from the pilot as he entered the cockpit. With her mind more at ease, Layton made sure that she'd buckled herself in correctly and even checked to see if he'd done the same. Once they were both secured in their seats, the doors to the plane closed and they proceeded to leave off the ground and enter the sky.

They continued to smoke until the plane was in the air. The way up hadn't been too bad since they both were high as hell. Layton sat with low and red eyes, while staring off into space. Benji could tell that she was thinking hard about something, but before he'd had a chance to ask she was already telling him.