AAO | DarkClouds | 35

__________________________

Dark Clouds
__________________________

"We're always thrown bullshit our way, but we take it and we make it. We survive. Against all odds, we still remain because that shit run through our blood."
- Benjiman Cartier Gotti
__________________________

Saturday | October 12th

"BG, I was just about to c-call you. M-Maleah was in a car accident. H-her and the b-baby were rushed in to the hospital. BG, it doesn't look good." Morgan spoke to Benji, trying her best to hold herself together. They were all that each other had, so this tragic incident had Morgan and her emotions rattled at the news about her pregnant baby sister Maleah and her unborn nephew.

At the sound of Morgan's rattled tone of voice, Benji's heart had sank to the deepest pit within his body as his mind got the best of him. BG immediately hung up, as he wasn't able to sit there and listen to Morgan cry. As quickly as he could, he rushed out of the house and he headed straight for the hospital. At that moment, all he could even think about was his unborn son. He wasn't able to even process his emotions just yet. With all of the presumed pain running through him, ran alongside anger, regret, and of course the ultimate guilt as this is yet again something that had ties to him and his path.

As soon as he'd made it to the hospital after doing just shy of a hundred the whole way, he parked at the front and rushed inside of the emergency room to find out if he would indeed still be a father or not. Even thoughts of losing his unborn child pained him. It was a similar feeling of when he'd lost his mother, except he wasn't even sure he'd lost his son yet. Benji had thought he'd never experience a hurt so bad as he'd done at the age of thirteen, but this hurt feeling was one in the same.

"Good Evening sir, how may I help you tonight?" The woman who sat behind the plexiglass questioned him. Before he was able to even say anything, Morgan was calling his name from behind him. Benji turned quick on his feet and rushed over to a frantic Morgan, whose face was covered in wet tears and smeared makeup.

"What the fuck happened Morgan?" Benji questioned, wanting to know details about the incident that landed his son and the mother of his child in this place. A part of him already knew the cause of it, but BG wanted to know what the police and paramedics had to say on it.

Morgan wiped her tears. "I don't know much. All they told me was that her breaks failed and she wasn't able to stop, causing the crash. She's been having issues in her car for a while now, but her boyfriend supposedly fixed it for her yesterday. I guess that it didn't work." She explained to him and that made Benji's blood boil with anger. He was upset and no matter how much he had been working on controlling his anger in therapy, all of that flew right out the window at this moment.

"Fuck!" BG cursed loudly, punching the wall nearest to him and watching pieces of it crumble to the floor. He was livid and his adrenaline was rushing, so much til he didn't even realize his fist was bruised and now oozing crimson blood onto the floor. That was the last of his concern right now. Not only had this dude took a shot at him, but now he'd fucked with the wellbeing of his child and that was the very worst thing for him. It was one thing to fuck with him .. but to fuck with a person that he loved was on a whole different level of vengeance that had left him with a case at thirteen.

"Sir, we ask that you please calm down or else we will have to have you escorted off of the premises." One of the nurses said to an angry Benji, who brushed her off.