AAO | StreetVengeance| 4

__________________________

Street Vengeance
__________________________

"I'm a street dude man, this ain't me. It ain't on me, it's in me. What's in me, I can't change or it can't be taken away. This here is for you. The suburban crib, the wife and kid. That just ain't for me."       
- Benjamin Cartier Gotti
__________________________

Monday | January, 14th

"So Benjiman, give me a reason why I shouldn't lock your black ass up right now." Officer Briggs yelled at Benji, who was seated in a foldable chair in front of a frail wooden table inside of an interrogation room. It was a cool winter Friday morning and BG had found himself being a guest at the Atlanta precinct. Furious was an understatement as to how he felt, but like BG he didn't wear his feelings on his sleeve and kept the poker face that he always did so people couldn't read him or know how he was feeling about certain shit.

"Cause, if you could've and had all ya shit together to have me booked, you would've done the shit already. Instead, here you are wastin' my time with questions I can't answer." Benji retorted with sarcasm dripping from every word as he wore a mug effortlessly.

"Watch ya fucking mouth!" The black cop yelled and then slammed BG's head onto the table. He winced a bit in pain from the hard collision and cursed. "I will bury you Gotti. You don't think I know about you or your record, Mr.AttemptedMurder? Yeah, if I dig all into your past a judge wouldn't hesitate to believe it was you behind this one too." He snapped back.

Benji gritted his teeth helplessly as the cop held him
down roughly against the frail wooden table. It was a cold dirty world and it was even more fucked up that he'd forever be looked at as a criminal for only trying to save his mother. Benji wasn't about to dwell on all the past though, at this point it was what it was. If he was in that position again the only thing he would've done differently was gave him a shot to the head. He sat reminiscing as the cool metal cuffs pinched at his wrists tightly, soon creating scars in his skin.

BG couldn't believe he was sitting in this situation. It was frustrating for it to be a brother on the receiving end of brutality from another brother. These days, it was like the black cops did whatever it took for them to be accepted by the white cops, even if it meant the cost of going against their own. The shit was sad and it both angered and disgusted Benji significantly.

"Do what you gotta do Briggs. I'm done talkin' to yo ass." Benji spat with authority and didn't say another word. This angered the officer as he proceeded on to slam Benji's head down against the table once again with more force than before. Blood now leaked from a cut on his eyebrow, definitely leaving him bruised. Benji ate up the abuse like it was nothing. What's a small thing to a giant? That was how he looked at it.

"You don't get to make that decision." Briggs said as he got closer to BG's ear as he continued to talk shit like he'd done for the past hour of the questioning.

"Get your damn hands off my client Briggs." A man yelled as he busted into the room. The officer looked up and smacked his lips as he quickly stood up from his squat and released Benji's head from it's spot. It was infuriating for Briggs as a cop to be caught in his act of brutal interrogation. Police go under oath that they'd protect, defend, and uphold the law. That was bullshit, they were the main ones going against it.

"Damn Donald, I was just having fun. What do I owe the pleasure of your presence in my interrogation?" Briggs spoke in sarcasm, but deep down he was very angry that his abusive questioning was cut short.