Prologue

"Frank you had better be out of bed." My Mom yelled up the stairs. I simply ignored her rolling onto my side and pulling the covers up closer around my shoulders, getting out of bed is the worst part of the day, especially when it's cold, because you just want to stay tucked up in the warm and safe. ''If you're not out of bed when I get up these stairs you'll be getting the cold water.'' She warned and with that I leaped out of bed rummaging for some decent clothes to wear, the cold water was nasty, and I would know. Most parents use the cold water as a threat and don't follow it through, so I assumed that's what my Mom was doing, until one morning I was drenched in cold water. That's an experience you learn from, once and never again, because it's one thing waking up cold and not wanting to get out of bed, but it's worse when you have freezing water wetting your bed through.

I pulled on some black jeans, a Morrissey shirt and a leather jacket before putting in my nose and lip ring, I don't know why I didn't just leave them in over night ot be honest, they always made getting ready that bit longer. Then I added some heavy black eyeliner and scanned the floor for my boots, if I had tidied my room more often I would probably have found my boots much more easily along with everything else I could never ever find, but where's the fun in a tidy bedroom. On finding my boots I pulled them on, hoping towards the door in the process, I had to be out of the room by the time my Mom was at the stairs, I always had to be. Almost forgetting my phone, I turned back to my desk, attempting to slip it into my pocket, almost pulling the lose wall socket out of the wall as I hadn't unplugged my charger, so unplugging my phone I slipped it into my jeans pocket and heading out of the door.

''Frank you are going to be late, get your ass out the door.'' My Dads voice bellowed through the house, god he was an asshole, I did wish he treated me more like a human than a dog.

''I can drop you off if you like dear, you don't want to be late on your first day now do you.'' My Mom said as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I grunted in reply, still annoyed and in protest about the fact that I had a new school and it was four weeks into the year. Stupid catholic school expelling me four weeks in.

''No Frank can walk.'' My Dad said opening the door for me as if instructing me to leave. I obliged happily - honestly my home was like hell, only worse if you hated school like me you would hate my home even more - picking up my bag and scowling at him as I walked out the door. I was already going to be late and I knew it, the school was a twenty minute walk, which really sucked, especially since it started in five minutes. I was not going to get used to these early starts. My little legs didn't take me any distance at a reasonable speed so the fact that I managed to get to the school in twenty minutes was an achievement. I still couldn't believe I had been sent to a new school for less than a year, senior year and not only did I have to do well I had to get used to a new school.

I trudged through the front gates rolling my eyes at the size of the place, my previous school was pretty small and very laid back, accept when it came to hurting people, but that's a whole different story. This school however I could already tell was going to be very different, it looked like a fucking prison with stupid grey breeze blocks and fucking black gates about three times my height and I was one hundred and one per cent sure that I would be far from a cooperative prisoner, I never was one for rules. But I had no choice, it was that or home schooling, I'd pick that anyday. So through the gates and into the school I went, approaching the small blonde lady at reception and clearing my throat to get her attention as she seemed pretty preoccupied with whatever pointless shit she was doing.

''I'm new.'' I stated staring at her with a completely straight face and bored expression, I was already bored of her, she didn't look in anyway appealing, she wasn't ugly but she wasn't anything interesting. Her hair was cut short falling just under her jawline and she had a full fringe which just reached the top of her glasses, her lips were rouged just like her cheeks and her eyelashes were clearly fake, she tried too hard to make her boring face look interesting, shame it hadn't worked.