⁰¹ first years, again

Start from the beginning

sakura sighed "fine." she reached into her navy blue randoseru and handed tsukishima the book, taking out her lunch as well. they didn't speak after that, instead quietly eating until they saw yamaguchi.

"tsukki!" yamaguchi yelled dragging out the "i" as he ran down the hallway

"did you tell sakura yet?" he questioned plopping down beside sakura.

"tell me? tell me what?!" she replied, looking between the two boys.

"w-well you won't be-lieve... believe who the o-other fir...first years ar-" yamaguchi stopped talking, and broke into a coughing fit. sakura quickly handed him a small carton of strawberry milk that she had gotten out of her lunch bag for herself earlier. she started to pat on his back as he let out strangled coughs in between his already short breaths, trying to get him stop coughing and instead focus on catching his breath.

he must've run all the way from class

"tsukki what's he talking about?" she finally asked.

tsukishima looked at yamaguchi who was chugging down the milk sakura handed him and sighed. he pitied him.

"the setter from kitagawa first and middle from yukigaoka go to our school."

"wait... what? the king and orange haired boy are on the team?! and you didn't think to tell me before?! is that why they started practices this week instead of next week?!" sakura was now full on yelling and throwing her arms around in a child like tantrum.

"can you just relax? ya that's probably why but, i didn't think it was that big of a deal. besides, they're not on the team."

"what, why not?"

"apparently" yamaguchi swallowed down some more strawberry milk before continuing to speak, "the second years told me that at their first practice, when the two boys found out they'd have to play on the same team, they got in a big fight and somehow knocked off vice principal toupee. the captain said they'd have to play us in a three on three with upperclassman for a spot on the team or something."

"if they lose?" sakura pried

"kageyama won't be the setter" tsukishima breathed out as if it were obvious.

kageyama, the king.

"so what position would he play?' she questioned.

"not sure" the boy shrugged and took another bite of his meat bun.

"well'" sakura paused thinking. "why not just throw the game? he's a good setter and if he switched positions it'd only cause more problems. i can see him playing middle since he's tall and most likely knows the timing for quicks, along with the orange haired boy and you two, your team would already have four middles not even considering the upperclassman. you guys would be bench riding all seas-"

"okay sakura, we get it" tsukishima tone was callous when he cut the girl off and rolled his eyes.

"sorry i was just trying to help" sakuras voice went quiet and a bit defensive.

tsukishima immediately felt bad. he knew his poor friend wasn't trying to put them down them she was just an over thinker. constantly found herself stuck on little decisions that a normal person wouldn't care for. maybe it was the years of coddling her father did to her when she was young, that turned her this way. whatever it was, it made her an annoying friend but a pretty good volleyball player.

"no it's fine you're right, we'll probably throw it anyway" he benevolently spoke.

"we will?" tadashi asked.

"i mean ya, you heard what sakura said. we don't get anything out of winning anyway"

"but won't it look bad to the upperclassmen. i mean the captain is on our team."

"as long as you don't make it too obvious, you should be fine. i hope the girls' team isn't as problematic as the boys" sakura said with a giggled.

"they're girls, i'm sure they have some problems. hey, at least they're not known as the wingless crows," yamaguchi joked as he lightly shoved sakura with his shoulder and sakura just sent him a small smile.

"tsukki did you finish the math homework.? I didn't really get questions five..." sakura soon stopped paying attention to the conversation the two boys were having, uninterested in yamaguchis math work. she leaned her head on the side of the vending machine, when she felt the warmth of the sunshine hit for face, she closed her eyes, soaking up the exemplary moment. the slightly breeze due to being outdoors blew by, a strand of sakura hair brushed across her forehead. a small, serene smile on her face.

"this is due today, right? the 25th?" one of the boys asked.

the 25th?

sakura's head shot up at the realization of the date. "fuck! i forgot the club application forms are due by the end of lunch!" she jumped up and started fixing her skirt

"but didn't you already give in your volleyball club form? we all filled them out together" yamaguchi said.

"ya but i forgot about my first aid club form! i only have...6 minutes to get it across the school to room 202" sakura read off her watch before starting to stretch like she was about to run a race "but i'll only need 4" she broke out into a small smirk.

"your awfully cocky for someone who forgot their form in the first place." tsukishima shook his head in disapproval while letting out a small chuckle.

"cmon tsukki it's like you have no faith in me, i am sakura kobayashi after all. i'll meet you guys on the field after practice, ok?"

"ya good luck at your first practice"

"thanks, bye!" she ran off towards room 202 where the club held their meetings.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────