15

stella had been in and out of the infirmary over the last ten days with ron

stella had been in and out of the infirmary over the last ten days with ron. he was finally back to his normal self, happy and funny. 

she had left him that previous evening the same as she had for the past ten days as mrs pomfrey made sure she respected curfew. however that evening he was sad to let her go as he grew bored of staying in one place.

that morning she got up extra early, wondered the castle's empty corridors and waited for mrs pomfrey to open the door.

she found ron tying his tie sat on the bed. harry, across him was doing the same. his face lit up as she entered the room.

"hi." she said to him.

he let go of his tie and reached for a kiss.

"hi. i've missed you."

"me too."

across the room harry looked at them and said, "you saw each other less than twelve hours ago."

"sorry potter." said stella rolling her eyes at him.

on their way out of the infirmary they ran into hermione.

"hey granger." said stella nicely. a slytherin being nice to a gryffindor. the world was turning upside down.

"hi guys. ron i'm glad your feeling better."

"thanks. are you on your way to see harry?" asked ron.

he had his arm wrapped around stella's waist.

"yeah. but for your information lavender is really mad at you."

"oh well. i'll deal with her."

"alright. i'll see later you in potions guys." 

what they didn't know what that they should have taken hermione's warning with a grain of salt, because although they were the first one in the dining hall, lavender sat alone, looking like she could kill someone.

stella turned to ron, "thanks for the warning hermione." she said.

"let's just deal with her, then we can have breakfast together."

they walked towards the table lavender was sat at. the sat on the bench opposite her.

stella kept quiet. she made sure ron handled it. yes, another girl jealous of stella and ron was a threat but nothing either one of them couldn't handle.

"lavender," said ron, "can i help you."

"were you cheating on me with her?"

"what? that's ridiculous!" exclaimed stella.

"so you suddenly saw the light at the end of the tunnel and decided you had to be with her?" she spat.

"lav, i think you just need to get over it. we just weren't made to be together."